This a HD update of the original Roo’s Dreadlock Hairstyles Mod, with each hairstyle having been redesigned and scaled to a higher resolution (512 x 512). The hair in this pack ranges from tight dreadlocks to relaxed afros, with an added ‘Dreadlocks only’ gene for Biotech players. This mod still functions perfectly without Biotech.
|Carriers of this gene are born with dreadlocked or afro hair. The gene adds no complexity or changes to metabolic efficiency and is displayed alongside other hair genes.|
• Character Editor – Allows you to customise pawns on the fly.
• Cherry Picker – Remove individual hairstyles that you don’t like.
• HD Pawn Rendering - Renders hairs at full resolution.
• Hair Modding Plus - Introduces secondary colours, masks and hair back sprites. (1.3 Only)
- Is this mod available at a lower resolution?
A lite version of this mod, where the hairs are rendered at 128x128, can be downloaded for free on my Ko-Fi page.
- I want the old version back!
A. The legacy version of this mod will remain on the Steam Workshop for all your low-res needs.
- Can I use this without the Biotech DLC?
A. Certainly, you shouldn’t get any errors. The Gene only appears when Biotech is installed.
- Can I use this mod in conjunction with the legacy / lite versions
A. Yes! Lots of people requested this before, so the answer is now yes! Each pack uses different hairDefs, meaning they can all be active in the same game.
- The hair accessories look really dark on my pawns.
A. If you are using Rimworld version 1.3, you can download Hair Modding Plus to fix this issue. There’s currently no fix for this on 1.4.
- How do I make a hair mod myself?
A. I made a comprehensive hair modding guide here!
- I have some ideas for your mods!
A. I’d love to hear them! Feel free to post them below, or pop them in my Discord server!