Mod «The Road to 56» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.7)
Last update: 09.06.21.
Reason: Mod updated to version 08.06.21
Road to 56 is a frankenstein of mods that has been riveted together for your convenience and pleasure. Here are the lovely details:
- Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Bhutan, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, China, Colombia, Congo, Croatia, Cuba, Czechoslovakia, Danzig, Denmark, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Free France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Indochina, Indonesia, Italy, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Japan, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Ruthenia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Siam, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tibet, Turkey, Vietnam, United Kingdom, Uruguay, and the USA have all been overhauled with new events and shenanigans. *gasp*
Expanded Tech Tree:
- Now your scientists will earn their pay and keep working until the end of the war.
- The game runs to 1956. I mean, you were expecting that. Right?
Enhanced Non-Historical Outcomes
- Road to 56 is all about alternate history and giving you lots of options to make a new world. If you want to run a purely historical game, this is not the mod for you.
- New units, troop experience system, expanded difficulty modifiers, new releasable nations, more lovely laws, and a whole bunch of other things that will make you more popular at parties.
Mod checked on game version: 1.10.7
- Now supports 1.10.7!
- New NATO focuses for the USA.
- Several new focuses for multiple countries! Details down below.
- New AI Behavior options for China and one for Italy!
- New generic decision to use scraps to reduce the penalty for lacking resources.
- East and West African Unions as formable countries.
- New focus tree filters.
- Lord Debug now becomes a political dancer as he leads every ideology of that strange unknown named "somewhere abroad".
- New political focuses for Lithuania
- New focus on gold mining in Korea
- Two new focuses for Slovakia
- Five new focuses for fascist Sweden for extra interactions with your allies
- Soviet focus branch about the death of Stalin to clarify the transition
- Extra focuses and adjustments for the Soviet "Iron Curtain" path
- One extra starting research slot for Liberia. Enjoy your new African scientist heaven
- Mengkukuo can now choose to remain under Chinese protection
- [DoD] Focus choices for Yugoslavia between the Balkan Worker's Congress and another European power.
- [LaR] Two new names for generic intelligence agencies. Shoutouts to the brother of the Waffle!
Balance & Adjustments
- Added missing cores to formable nations. Also adjusted descriptions so that the list is fully visible for 1366x768 desktop resolutions
- Better (more historical) selection of advisors for the Netherlands
- Netherlands tree slightly adjusted for better visibility and buffed some industrial focuses
- Danzig is now extremely reliant on its militia
- Reduced the cost of two Argentine focuses
- Adjusted requirements and effects for a few focuses involving Gran Colombia
- Developing the colonies for France now requires to own said territories or have them as puppets
- Austrian territorial demands now have higher chances to succeed
- Finland will now cede all states claimed by the Soviets instead of just Karelia
- Iran receiving weapons from the Soviets will make Iran like the Soviets more
- Adjusted positions of Belgian political branches for better visibility. Also adjusted air and equipped navy focuses with few extra dockyards
- Democratic Soviets will now remove claims on Baltics, Poland, and Finland if MR is signed and said countries are invited into Soviet new faction
- Slightly less war support for democratic France
- Romania should be more willing to build infrastructure in oil-rich regions
- AI should protest less about other countries attachés, spending PP on more useful things
- Planes for the united baltic state, some planes for Estonia and Latvia
- Planes for the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth
- Planes for Mongolia
- Planes for Iran
- Portrait for Li Shouxin
- Better use of decision GFX
- [LaR] Effect to create an intelligence agency will now be yellow to be in line with the rest of the game
- Fixed the contribution of one of the team members to Battle for the Bosporus
- Fixed the French focus "Go with Britain"
- Fixed Brazil's diplomatic alliances, adding faction fusion for a rare case where they would try to ally with Portugal
- Fixed Turkey forming a faction then trying to invite faction leader Italy
- Fixed locking chance from Trotsky's tree
- Fixed Trotsky's USSR not having the glorious red of communism
- Fixed some Czech focuses which had effects displayed but had no actual effects
- Fixed an Albanian general with inconsistent stats
- Fixed conditions and requirements for several Soviet anti-fascist political focuses
- Fixed "Demand Slovenia" and "Fate of Yugoslavia" event chain to prevent border gore if Yugoslavia starts releasing puppets
- Fixed Austria being granted a war goal against itself and territories ceded by Yugoslavia via an event
- Fixed effects and tooltips for Austrian industrial focuses
- Fixed focuses involving the Italian-Ethiopian war. They will be bypassed for Ethiopia if countries sign a premature peace
- Fixed "German Guns" event for Ethiopia so it will fire correctly
- Fixed "German Pressure towards BeNeLux" event so it will now fire accordingly
- Fixed Congolese "Plea for Autonomy" will so it will no longer feature Canadian patriation
- Fixed "Invite Foreign Investors" so it will no longer feature Hungary for various countries
- Fixed it so Iraq will no longer join the Allies in 1939 on historical settings
- Fixed Romania properly turning fascist-like they historically did
- Fixed "Marco Polo" event chain so it highlights correct transferred states and involves Mengkukuo too
- Fixed "Escalate War with China" so it is no longer bypassed automatically - no more operation Ichi Go in 1939
- Fixed Ernst Thälmann being no longer opposed to communism
- Fixed British decolonization focuses regarding India so they will be properly canceled if Britain becomes a puppet
- [WTT] Fixed "Demand Indochina" as Pacific Guardian Japan
- [WTT] Fixed the states missing to form the Roman Empire and gain its cores
- Capitalization tweaks for the Italian content
- Improved descriptions for Belgium involving Benelux and military scientific cooperation with major factions
- Expanded event options for more lore in Colombian events
- More description flavor for Soviet Iron Curtain events and focuses
- Drastically expanded focus descriptions for Bhutan tree. As if someone would read those anyways...
- Improved news report for Albanian occupation: Not only Zog will now submit to Italy
- Better descriptions featuring lore behind the London Conference
- Improved news event for the creation of non-aligned factions
- Three new "tips" for those reading while the game is loading
Version 08.05.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.5)
- Focus tree for Algeria.
- Focus tree for Azad Hind if you launch of Indian fascist revolt.
- Some Italian diplomatic focuses have been reduced to 35 days.
- Added extra focuses for Kodoha Japan in order to ally Poland or a potential Baltic league such as the Romanian Cordon Sanitaire if it's at war with the USSR.
- Added events serving as alerts in case of a naval or air invasion on your territory, because somebody has to tell you that you suddenly lost control of 3 of your most important cities.
- Added the fall of Dublin for non-British forces, enjoy your Argentine occupation!
- More Dutch and Polish names.
- Decision for Morocco to core Mauritania and Western Sahara.
- Decision to drill a small oil field in eastern Slovakia.
- Countries like Yemen and Afghanistan will gain the Great war tanks they had. The quest continues.
- Russian counter-coup is available up to 1939 because the ai had problems with it.
- Events to warn the player when he reaches maximum army navy and air XP.
- Added historical oil production in Bahrain (Qatar) and on Ceram island (Moluccas) + decision to increase oil production on Sumatra.
- Added tooltips to most of the Czechoslovakian focuses so now you see what you will get after their completion.
- Made some minor improvements to the Philippine tree.
- Historical Nigerian leaders.
- [DoD] Communist Yugoslavia can send volunteers to support the communist uprisings in the Balkan countries and then form the Balkan Federation.
- [DoD] Boosted some Romanian military focuses and added a new one.
- [LaR] National Resistance reaching an average of 45% will grant an extra operative to the occupied country if its government exists.
- [MtG] One extra naval focus for Colombia.
- [WTT] Focus for communist Japan to restart the Chinese civil war if its allied with the Chinese communists.
- Improved Austrian events regarding annexing Transylvania.
- The focus to spread communism in South America for Brazil won't affect countries at war with Brazil.
- The USSR will not be so obsessed with rocket focus until 1942.
- The Fall of Rio event now has a picture of Rio instead of Athens.
- Wilhelm Pieck will now despise democracy and fascism and will not be marked as "exiled".
- Fixed the spelling of "Gyumri".
- Vichy France will not be created if Occitania exists.
- Improved some city fall events.
- Improved Russian counter-coup and Colombian events.
- The Blum-Violette Agreement now requires to control Algeria.
- The full name of the Islands of St-Pierre & Miquelon will now be displayed fully.
- Communist France will be able to deploy more volunteers.
- Fixed some bugs in Argentina, like the military missions being always refused.
- Arab countries will start with desert infantry researched.
- Updated "Secure Interests in Africa" event for South Africa to give only that British colonies which are fully controlled by Britain.
- Fixed an event for Warlords which forced them to join the United Front against Japan.
- "Reaffirm Albanian Protectorate" for Italy will now fire properly.
- Fixed the fall of Bogota and the fall of Dublin having mistakes that would make a dynamic name invisible.
- The Canadian focus to form an alliance with America will now free Canada instead of Australia.
- [MtG]American fascist expansionist focuses will not be possible if you are a puppet.
- Added pictures to Austrian events without pictures.
- Added a portrait for Tunisia.
- Planes for Honduras, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Slovakia, Finland, Lithuania, Poland-Lithuania. Fighter and medium bomber for Mongolia, Jet for communist China, Heavy bombers for Scandinavian countries.
- Geared up the commonwealth with extra generic commanders.
- Honduras will use Polish tanks.
- Romanian heavy tank 1 will now use the French B1 model as it's fitting a 1936 tank.
- [LaR] Fixed a detail with the use of Spanish tanks.
- [not Bftb] if you don't have Bftb and play in multiplayer, the Ottoman Sultan will be represented by Messali Hajj, Venizelos will have a portrait.
Version 08.04.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.4)
- Fixed the position of various VPs on the map, especially Memel and Kirkenes as they appeared to be on the neighboring tile.
- Game rules to define AI FT paths for the Soviet Union.
- Changed how Yalta Conference effects fire.
- Added decisions if you have Yugoslavia and Yugoslavian sub countries as puppets, allowing you to fix border gore without commands.
- Added Belgian fascist diplomatic focuses, giving you the option to join other rising fascist powers.
- Added Swedish fascist focuses.
- Added white Russians who can become generals or lead non-communist Russia(s).
- Added more victory points for Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, and the Western Sahara.
- Added a second decision for Germany to get another paratrooper general.
- Added another generic European portrait.
- Added theorists for Finland and focus to integrate Iceland into Nordic Union.
- Added Advisor for Albania.
- USA given new start date national spirit.
- [MtG]Added potential leaders for CSA and Unaligned States of America
- [not WTT] Added a focus for SWE, DEN, and NOR to form Scandinavia
- [LaR] Added a British officer who was serving Japan as a spy
- Rt56 infantry techs nerfed .
- Nerfed some China idea and focus rewards.
- Etax tech 'Small Arms' and 'Heavy Firepower' no longer give max planning.
- Grand Battle Plan land doctrine buffed slightly.
- Mass Assault land doctrine buffed slightly.
- Asymmetrical Warfare land doctrine nerfed.
- Maintenance, Logistics, Field Hospitals, and Military police support companies upgrades have been given slight buffs.
- Radio Direction Finding Techs now give small suppression bonuses to Military Police and a Unit type on research.
- Motorized Shock Troops gain stats in land doctrines techs when motorized do, though much less.
- Climate Infantry given 5% more attack bonus on their preferred terrain type.
- Militia Infantry buffed.
- Al Andalus game rule will now grant 2 extra factories to Andalusia.
- Increased the efficiency of Swedish industrial focuses.
- Adjusted a communist Chilean idea.
- Added effects offering the Carlists the opportunity to create the Holy Alliance, potentially allying with catholic monarchs and finally crush the anti-papists or something.
- Game rules to define AI FT paths for the Soviet Union.
- Some USA focus times have been halved.
- China no longer starts with a ton of free guns.
- Slight Soviet Nerfs in various areas.
- Adjust Restrictions on Albanian Diplomatic Focus tree.
Adjustments and Bug Fixes
- Germany's 'Volkssturm' focus removed, given an 'Endsieg' event that triggers automatically instead.
- Changed how Yalta Conference effects fire (More Yalta, less border gore).
- Fix a base game bug where fascist Indonesia winning a civil war would be automatically become a puppet of Australia.
- Fix some focuses for Al-Andalus.
- Turkey releasing Syria should keep Alexandretta.
- Beria can't serve under himself anymore.
- Fix country names for Kurdistan and Occitania.
- Fix an Andalusian decision granting cores on Algeria instead of Tunisia.
- Repaired revolts.
- Adding text of hidden game rule ideas adding operatives as their names can appear in the interface.
- Fix decisions to recruit German generals as Austria after forming the HRE. Added checks to not get SS generals.
- Fix some Swedish focuses that would break without a certain DLC or if the country is occupied.
- Fix misplaced victory points.
- Fix a Branch of NZ tree where you would lose the ideology of your master, slowly making your democratic independent NZ less democratic, with no possible recovery.
- Fix the mobilize reserve ability as I realized that I confused two effects.
- Improved Iraq/China tree focus positions for better visibility.
- Improved End of the occupation focus of Vichy France.
- Improved South Africa demanding British colonies.
- The Banana empire hired an artist to find the perfect yellow to make very sought after Banana monochromes.
- [Bftb]Fix some details for Bulgaria.
- [Bftb]Fix some details for Turkey.
- [DoD] Added effects to unlock the Hungarian communist focuses if they become a communist puppet.
- Germany AI will send more troops to defend core German states instead of conquered territory when losing against the Soviets.
- Germany AI should now send some troops to Africa to help the Italians in some cases.
- Made the Italian AI more efficient in Africa in some cases.
- Italian AI will delay joining Germany in wars in some cases (Allows them to better prepare fronts such as Africa).
- Soviet AI will be able to do the counter-coup correctly.
- Added AI logic to Germany that makes them less likely to invite South American counties to the Axis before they've asked nicely.
- AI Italy will be less inclined to invite Venezuela to the Axis after Germany has capitulated.
- Adjustments to how England AI views early WW2 fronts.
- AI Siam should again want to ally Japan over Germany in most cases.
- Small Historical AI focuses adjustments for USA and Soviets.
- Soviet AI will now stockpile infantry equipment after 1939 (previously ran itself into large deficits for no good reason).
- Reworked A-H generals.
- Swiss jets GFX.
- [Not BftB] if you play BftB Bulgaria in MP, its head will serve as a portrait for the regency council.
- Added some Russian focus icons.
- Added an Afghanistan general portrait.
- Added Localization for Soviet Focuses and National Spirits.
- Added Localization for Iran, Iraq, Latvia, South Africa.
- Better Localization for the Generic Focus Tree.
Version 08.03.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.4)
- The Azad Hind now have a repurposed tree of their own.
- Added niche glider manufacturers to boost your paratroopers for the para dropping enthusiasts playing Italy or Sweden.
- Generic city fall events for Oslo and Stockholm.
- Communist Colombian leader is now marked as anti-fascist so he will be less likely to join the Axis.
- Unique name for the Argentine intelligence agency.
- Changed the Estonian fascist leader to Artur Sirk, the other guy Hjalmar Mae can appear if the country is a puppet of Germany.
- Added historical spies for Japan, Germany, Afghanistan.
- Extra naval and air focuses for France.
- Reworked diplomatic focuses for Brazil.
- Decision for Azad Hind to stage an uprising in Bombay.
- If Azad Hind wins Nepal and Bhutan will gain freedom.
- [MtG] Added the Littorio class as a pair of partially built battleships in the starting Italian building list.
- Reduced the cost of the decision to influence your AI allies from 25 to 10 command points.
- Restored Cruiser subs for Japan.
- Country revolts will now spawn militia divisions rather than standard infantry divisions] on hold for now.
- Early game construction debuff for India.
Adjustments and Fixes
- Fixed wrong ideology being affected by the Defense of Canada regulations.
- Fixed Bhutanese focus granting claims to Turkey.
- Fixed the decision for Memel to become Lithuania demanding control of the Croat states.
- Fixed a bugged icon and name of an Iraqi focus.
- Fixed Egyptian decision to get cores on Sudan as it's impossible to occupy impassable desert.
- Fixed the Kingdom of Honduras still pretending to be a republic just to get American funding.
- Fixed Austria being able to create a puppet Serbia which would have no cores on its own territory.
- Fixed some missing localization in Britain.
- Fixed missing description for the trait submarine captain. It now enables you to show how much your naval commander is a salty sea dog who has seen worse storms than this one.
- Fixed the starting Austrian production that was trying to start the incorrect type of equipment. Thanks to the person who suggested adding a starting production for Austria.
- Fixed the name of a focus in Peru that was missing.
- Fixed a Canadian focus that had a tendency to automatically bypass.
- Fixed a tech boost in Czechoslovakia that could unlock 2 doctrines at once.
- Fixed a Chinese focus to create a faction with Japan that wasn't working because Japan formed its own faction anyway.
- Fixed the stupidly low production cost of medium AA tanks.
- Fixed a detail in a Greek event.
- Fixed a bug regarding the name of Québec.
- The British Raj can now reliably recore the Azad Hind states if they win.
- India will no longer be stuck with strikes indefinitly.
- India won't be locked out of their focus tree after the election if they gained independence.
- India will always switch government after the election now.
- General improvements to the Indian Focus Tree.
- Germany receiving the Marshall plan demands requires peace with the USA.
- Made some shared focuses forbidden for some countries invisible for said countries.
- [BftB] Fixed the decision to jail Georges II of Greece not appearing, I swear everything is working this time.
- [Not Bftb] Reactivated the Turkish FT that was deactivated while fixing another bug.
- [Not MtG] Fix British communist trees blocking some fascist ones.
- [Not MtG and LaR] Fix floating spying focuses.
- The USA should join the allies only in late 1941 if it's not attacked earlier.
- Izzy-wizzy, improved the portrait of the one and only: Sooty!
- Byzantine jets and fighters.
- New Focus and Idea GFX across the mod.
- Added extra operative portrait.
- Improved some decision and command ability icons.
- Changed an icon in the CZE tree.
- Added someone who could have been a Spanish general as a generic leader for Spain/South America instead because I felt that there were enough Spanish nationalists already.
- Added a generic African portrait as a country/army leader.
- Converted a generic European portrait into an operative.
- Realized we had a portrait for Erich Koch which has never been installed so you can see the face of this Nazi piece of shit if you form its Reichkommissariat.
- Sri Lanka now use Indian portraits instead of generic Asian ones.
- Changed the portrait of Pierre Ryckmans the Governor-General of the Congo.
- [Not DoD] Fix bad fighter model making the game buggy when forming Austria Hungary.
- [DoD] Removed the Hungarian AH fighter and replaced him with a Bf-109 due because it wasn't compatible with non DoD owners.
Version 16.02.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.4)
- Tons of Indian content fixes and adjustments
- The KPD will no longer cosplay as the CPI
- Authoritarian World Leaders no longer get kidnapped and replaced by Indian ones
- Lithuania Naval branch added
- Germany Danzig or War branch adjusted
- Lithuania Naval Branch added
- Lithuania given start date navy OOB and Naval Commander
- Post Independence Indian Leaders now all have Traits
- Burma now has a starting army when released by event
- Germany Danzig or War branch adjusted
- Some Naval traits now require only 300 XP to earn
- India cannot declare Independence while capitulated
- Custom Tooltip for the Declare Independence Decision for India
- Hyderabad Tag now more likely to spawn
- The 'informal' British Empire will no longer stay with an Edwardarin England
- India, Bhutan, and Nepal now leave the Allies with the Asian Decolonization Game Rule
- Added Free India Generals for India released by Asian Decolonization Game Rule
- Better Tooltips for the Liberation of South Asia
- India can now consistently reintegrate Northern Pakistan
- More descriptive Focus Descriptions for India
- Foreign support in the Bengal famine will now consistently arrive
- Indian Strikes Decision now permanently increases Influence
- Rebalanced Agrarian Economy Ideas
- Netherlands events involving fascist adultery rebalanced
- Two Candian focuses have had their times reduced to 35 days
- The KPD will no longer cosplay as the CPI
- Authoritarian World Leaders no longer get kidnapped and replaced by Indian ones
- Kurdistan should no longer breakaway 10 tens before learning their lesson
- Fixed positioning of Rt56 British alt paths
- Greece can imprison the King again (BftB)
- Unit and Equipment Stat inconstancies fixed
- Fixed Dominion of India for non-TfV owners
- Corrected Princely States idea tooltip
- Bhutan war goal focus and decision bugs fixed
- Fixed Continuity Errors with some country names and flags
- GFX error in the Infantry tech page fixed
- Soviet fixes to cold war focuses
- Minor Canadian fixes
- Other minor fixes not noted
- Indian given Historical AI logic
- Minor Improvements to Peace AI in some cases
- Minor Improvements to some AI strategy scripts
- Pedro Cerda given new Portrait
Version 08.02.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.4)
- Complete Overhaul of the Indian Focus Tree with multiple unique game mechanics (non-TfV!)
- Complete Overhaul for the Canadian focus tree (non-TfV!)
- New Soviet Post War Focuses for the Stalin path
- British Communist focus tree branch for non-MtG owners
- More Decisions for Pakistan to influence the Bangladeshi Liberation War
- After approximately two years Bangladesh will have lost its will to fight
- Unique State Modifier to represent the Colony of Burma
- New non-TfV Companies for India
- Swaths of new Indian Ministers
- Loads of new Victory Points all over the Indian subcontinent
- Added a unique flag and name for Bangladesh as a Pakistani puppet
- Death of Trotsky and the establishment of Leonid Serebryakov as his successor
- Islamic Marxist focus for Al Andalus in order to allow Revolutionary Jihad
- British exile focuses for commonwealth countries and Britain goes communist
- Unique air force focuses for Lithuania
- Added some new focuses to Bhutan tree
- Added some new focuses to Korea tree
- Adjusted Focus and Decision Times for Pakistan
- Communist countries will search for a non-Soviet faction instead of forming their own faction all the time
- Nerf research times and stats of some Rt56 Infantry tech
- Law Enforcement National characters PP cost increased to better-reflected the value of the stats given
Adjustments and Fixes
- Fixed fall of Paris event triggering if Vichy France took the city
- Fixed an issue with Austria being promised 300 tankettes from the Italians and not receiving any
- Fixed Bug where Bangladeshi Liberation Interface would keep popping up after being dealt with
- Fixed incorrect claims for Armenia
- Fixed a land fort in Mexico being put in the wrong province
- Fixed Hungarian Motorization advisor who had no effect
- Fixed Greek focus trees for everybody
- Fixed Italian admiral who had the wrong skill level compared to his abilities
- Fixed the Imperial conference
- Fixed broken gfx in Pakistan tree
- Removed some problematic sea crossing in the Aegean Sea and between Okinawa and Kyushu
- Renamed some R56 technologies
- Fixed bad bypass in the Honduras focus tree
- Various localization fixes
- [BftB] Fix some Turkish Advisors
- [DoD] Removed mutual exclusivity between Handle the King and King Michael's coup in Romania
- Siam in a faction with Japan and at war with China will no longer send its entire army to fight in China
- Siam and Japan handle the Burma front better when at war with the Allies
- Great Britain will no longer send so many troops to fight in Burma before 1942
- Historical AI adjustments to USA and Soviets
- The Soviet AI will treat Poland a little nicer before 1940
- New Focus and Idea GFX across the mod
- Portrait for Infante Jaime, claimant to the Throne of Spain and France (also available for Nicaragua)
- Moe Breg has been given a spy portrait. Batter up!
- New Company Icons for India
Version 18.01.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.3)
- Added a Russian American Nazi as a potential collaborator.
- Added focuses for Poland and Romania to invite Ukraine under some conditions.
- Minor localization additions.
- Other minor additions not noted.
- German focuses 'Volksgemeinschaft', 'Befriend Sweden', and 'Befriend Finland' are now 35 days. Down from 70.
- 'Decided Planner' General personality trait adjusted.
- Communist China's 'Partisan beyond enemy lines' ideas nerfed.
- Generic Ideologly influence ideas drift now 0.03.
- Planes for Ukraine.
- Stahlhelm infantry for Argentina.
- Ukraine will use 2d Soviet equipment rather than Czech ones.
- German Historical Focus list made more Historical. (Will go to war with Soviets in the summer of 1941 if not acted upon)
- Soviet Historical Focus list made more Historical. (Will take purge 35 to 70 days later than before)
- Fixed soft-lock in Rt56 Greece content for those without BftB DLC.
- Fixed events and content that involved new states. Most notably Vietnam post-independence war event.
- Fixed not being able to remove 'Jim Crow' state modifier from Louisiana.
- Fixed Generic Army tree branch being locked behind WIP Chinese Warlord content.
- Fixed some broken GFX file references within the mod.
- Fixed a plane having 10 times less range than expected.
- Fixed a Kiwi advisor who was not unlockable before.
- Fixed Trotsky's death being announced (by fake news media) while he is clearly alive and well.
- Other minor fixes not noted.
Version 08.01.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.3)
- New Mongol names, made by somebody who actually knows the Mongol language.
- Releasing a puppet enables the overlord to keep cores (or add them in some cases).
- Small oil field in Syria.
- Reshaped Bohuslän's provinces to a more historical, sleek shape.
- Added coring effects to Norwegian focuses.
- Added new effects to the "At Any Cost" focus in the Norwegian focus tree.
- New focuses for Communist Chile in order to increase the chance that their Communist neighbours will join them.
- Added non-aligned leaders and flags for Czechoslovakia.
- Puppeting Iran may cause the Shah to abdicate.
- Added a focus for Spain to unite the country if played in fragmented world.
- Expanded Chilean Communist diplomatic options.
- More Nazi spies so you can waste them while still playing historically.
- New country: Grand Duchy of Baden (fragmentation game rules only).
- New focuses and advisors for Japan.
- Decisions to guide the AI of your allies.
- Cosmetic tag for Lithuania to become Memel if it's stuck in that city.
- Cosmetic tag for Portugal to become the Azores if it's stuck in that archipelago.
- Cosmetic tag for China to become Macau or Hong Kong.
- New States for Mongolia, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Korea, Xinjang, and Mexico.
- Italy can be reformed by its many breakaways.
- [LaR] Focuses to increase the efficiency of the propaganda mission in some focus trees.
- [MtG, LaR] Communist Britain gets small improvements.
- [MtG] Communist Britain will get more spies to actually do something, maybe.
- [TfV] New focuses for India.
- [WTT] Inflexible strategist or brilliant strategists with high skills may unlock some abilities normally locked behind certain traits.
- [WTT] Added new leader abilities: "reserve transfer" and "extra fuel reserves".
- German Submarine high commander actually boosts submarines rather than boosting hunting submarines.
- City fall events for a lot cities and the Panama canal.
- Norwegian faction choosing event for Monarchists now loopable, in case you missed the faction name you wanted.
- Fly Swatter trait made may easier to unlock for admirals.
- Norwegian AI on advisors improved, so AI Norway will be a bit more sensible in this regard from now on.
- Puppets having a resistance rebellion will become free if the overlord has capitulated.
- Ensured that Trotsky will get a spying agency.
- "Ban Communism" generic decision will remove the Brazilian Communist influence national spirit.
- A few Norwegian idea tweaks.
- The Norwegian Army starter focus now gives some old equipment rather than command power, as that wasn't too useful in the early game.
- Moved Continuous Focuses and certain focus icons in the Norwegian focus tree for easier accessibility and a nicer visual.
- Add 3rd research slot to Carpatho Ukraine.
- More tweaks to country names, and cosmetic names as well.
- Removed excessive research slots for Manchuria.
- [LaR] Expanded departments will grant 2 spy slots instead of 1 and be slightly cheaper
- [LaR] Increased the efficiency of ideology boost spying missions.
- [DoD] Improved the Hungarian decision to integrate puppet Czechoslovakia when forming Austria-Hungary.
- Portraits for US admirals.
- Less blank portraits for players without DLC in MP.
- Celtic planes.
- Some extra event pics.
- Post civil war nationalist Spanish fighter.
- Even more flag fixes, changes and additions.
- [MtG] CSA planes will happear if you "honor the confederacy".
- [MtG] generic portrait for head of intelligence.
- Latvian Naval tree will now work as designed.
- Corrected building graphics, airport placements and rocketsite placements, for Jamtland, Norrland, Bohuslän and Västergötland.
- Fixed to which provinces should belong to Jamtland, and which should belong to Norrland.
- Fixed Alemannia formable not taking a R56 German state into account.
- Fixed the Imperial Conference in the British tree.
- Fixed légitimiste France not being able to remove disjointed under specific circumstances.
- Fixed various typos.
- Fixed Guatemala being able to make a faction that goes to war against itself.
- Fixed multiple potential paradoxes caused by the Austrian focus tree, such as making an agreement with an non-existing country.
- Fixed Russia being Russia.
- [LaR] Spain will not become Anarcho Monarchist anymore.
- [DoD] Fix Hungary being able to get a core on Malaya.
- [Bftb] Kemalist Turkey will use other plane models than Polish interwar fighters.
- [WTT, BftB] Fix lots of inconsistent cores in formable decisions (like Arabia not getting Qatar).
- [Not MtG] Fix rare crash when Nepal create motorized units for non Man the Guns owners.
- [Not WTT] Moved Japanese continuous focus so the non WTT players can enjoy the latest additions.
- [Not DoD] Fix bad plane model for Austria after forming Austria Hungary.
- [Not LaR] Fix légitimiste France not being able to support the Spanish nationalists.
Version 08.12.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.3)
- Political branch and other content for Al-Andalus. (accessible via game rule)
- More diplomatic focuses for the "Support the Kodoha faction" branch.
- Japanese focuses regarding the Free Indian Army.
- Generic city fall events for Berlin, London, Ottawa, Buenos Aires, Mexico, Rio and Delhi.
- Jim Crow laws across the USA and decisions to fight segregation.
- Historical Tuvan advisors.
- [LaR] British/Allies spying operation in order to convince Roosevelt that Hitler wants to rule the world, by creating a false map of South America under Nazi dominance.
- Decisions for Wallonia Quebec and Palestine in order to move their capital.
- Diplomatic options for Carlist Spain. (in both trees)
- Minor shale oil resources exploited during the war.
- Generic Chief of the Navy for Mengukuo.
- Focus for British tank variants.
- New Zealand tree improvements, with extra research slots, focuses, and effects for existing focuses.
- The Oster Conspiracy will put the General Beck in power. Non-communist ways to fight the Nazis will bring back Werner von Fritch and Werner von Blomberg.
- Decision for Serbia to gain cores on Montenegro.
- [DoD] Improved splitting Czechoslovakia and dismantling Yugoslavia as Romania with extra decisions and events.
- [LaR] Extra historical collaborators.
- [LaR] Spanish operatives.
- [LaR] Bonus! Christopher Lee?!
- [LaR] A Mongol operative serving the Japanese.
- [LaR] Peter Tennant, head of the SOE in Scandinavia as a historical British operative.
- More Indian portraits.
- An extra admiral portrait for Europe and South America.
- Free French (British) planes and Vichy French fighters.
- Planes from the Spanish civil war.
- Non fascist planes for Italy.
- New Scandinavian planes. At least we told them they were new.
- Some handsome Scottish Admirals.
- [LaR] Used some generic commanders as operative portraits.
- [BftB] BftB interwar Greek planes only show when relevant.
- Renaming Berlin to Germania will increase its VP value.
- Decisions to unite the Levant will rename Jerusalem to "Al-Quds".
- Added an opinion boost between Hyderabad and the Ottoman Empire due to a dynastic marriage between the daughter of the Sultan and a relative of the Nasir.
- Reduced the losses done by the resistance to occupying garrisons.
- Tweaked the way the AI handles occupation, leading to a better control of resistance.
- Göring is now a famous aviator. He flies a tiny plane.
- Germany should not attack CZE if already at war.
- Fascist Iran gets a compliance bonus with other ethnic Iranian states.
- Added historical Turkish divisions and gave them some some iphones.
- Poland will get access to bicycle units.
- Various improvements in Estonia: Historical operatives, leader traits, fixed a focus not working properly, improved a military focus.
- The resistance revolt news event will now mention who is revolting and offer fashion advice.
- Improved various elements of the Norwegian focus tree.
- Releasing Croatia along the Dalmatian coast will release Dalmatia instead.
- [DoD] Increased AI willingness to accept licenses. Also, you can now fence stolen goods.
- [DoD] Hungary will get access to bicycle units through its focus tree.
- [LaR] Added effects creating intelligence agencies in some trees where relevant.
- [LaR] Mongol spies will tend to share with other Mongol tags.
- [MTG] Added more naval module tech boosts in trees without them.
- [WTT] Maghreb countries (and Al Andalus if you don't have LaR) can now form Arabia.
- [BftB] Improved Balkan entente path in the Turkish tree.
- Fixed the course of a river in Romania.
- Added 2 states in Sweden, made Orkney island into a state.
- Added Victory Points in the United States.
- Added list of tourist traps and souvenier shops worth visiting during your invasion.
- Fixed bugs in multiple Bftb greek events and decisions.
- Fixed some generic portraits not showing in China.
- Khrutchev shouldn't come back to life anymore, unless you unlock the Occult DLC.
- [DoD] Fixed a bug where communist Yugoslavia would not get a national spirit.
- [DoD] Fixed giving dividing CZE between Germany and Hungary now grants Czechia to Germany.
- [Tfv] Fixed the model of the New Zealand "Big Bob" tank not appearing. "Bigger Jim" and "Biggest Fred" are still in development.
Version 13.11.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.2)
- Update to 1.10.2.
Version 11.11.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1)
- Fixed Peter of Yugoslavia not becoming an adult.
- Fixed the r56 Bulgaria tree game rule not working.
- Fixed the r56 Spanish focus tree not working correctly.
- Replaced portrait of the Iraqi fascist leader.
- (not LaR) Fixed bad Spanish portrait.
- Fixed the looting decision being available on foreign territory.
- Fixed German Ai sending volunteers to the invasion of Ethiopia rather than only during a civil war.
- (Bftb) Fixed some Turkish companies being available at the start, bypassing the debt council.
- Fixed release Kurdistan game rule lacking a state.
- Japan should handle Indochina a bit better.
- Luxembourg should pick slightly more varied political focuses.
- (Bftb) Added Spanish civil war filters in the Bulgarian tree.
- Fixed Serbian autonomy focus as Austria won't grant some states to Serbia (or other potential owner such as Bulgaria, Albania or Macedonia).
- Fixed effects related to the state of Hattay not working and in some case crashing the game.
- Added a decision so that Mexican civil war states can be recognized by the US.
- Changed some icons through the vanilla German focus tree and added two operatives unlockable by the focus to influence Spain.
- Fixed the r56 Greek tree not working because the Prime Minister would not die, making politics simple and boring.
Version 08.11.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1)
- Mod updated to 1.10.1.
- Integration of Battle for the Bosporus DLC. (with bespoke improvements!)
- New Austrian Communist branch.
- Post-unification focuses for Scandinavian and Austro-Hungarian countries.
- Unique Industry and Army branches for Peru.
- New GFX sprinkled throughout the world.
- New British naval focus.
- New Japanese focus about an evil secret society working with the secret service, making them doubly secret.
- New Soviet non-aligned leader, Victor Baydalakov.
- New Soviet focus to reduce the cost of infantry equipment in the late game.
- New Soviet focus about shocktroops.
- New Venetian decision to core a new state.
- New USA Focus 'Three Dimensional Assault Force'.
- New traits to all Venetian leaders, because we can.
- New Yugoslavian Admirals.
- New oil field in Ukraine.
- New advisers for Hungary.
- New options for improving your breakfast experience.
- LaR: New Iranian specialist operative for Britain.
- LaR: New historical collaborators to some governments.
- LaR: New mysteriously mysterious operative?
- LaR: If Brazil is Monarchist you can form an alliance instead of revolting against yourself.
- BftB: New Focus tree swap-game rule for Greece, Bulgaria, and Turkey.
- BftB: New decision to unlock camels for all tags, if you have a genie.
- Integrated many 1.10.2 BETA softcoding improvements.
- Content improvements for Nicaragua, Greenland.
- Greece and Paraguay have been given crisis missions.
- Monarchist France will try to join the Cordon Sanitaire before forming the anti-German front alone.
- Reworked naval and air branches for Yugoslavia, Serbia, Croatia.
- Improved icons for many decisions.
- Adjusted a PRC focus so Japan won't be compelled to invade China every time.
- Forming Austria-Hungary grants core on the whole of Slovenia. (but not the Italian Slovene territory)
- Liaison conference now grants +1 coordination to naval commanders.
- Tooltip improvements to the Spanish Civil War.
- Soviet focus 'Claim the Straits' may grant a claim and war goals against Istanbul's controller.
- Removed partial mobilization from Portugal's start.
- Causing a civil war after deleting your army will create generic units on both sides.
- Extra training for Special Forces focuses.
- Germany should now avoid declaring war on Denmark if it's not in a position to crush them.
- Improved the text regarding American pilots landing in Asia.
- Better use of focus filters, new filters for espionage and resources.
- Some extra love for Monarchist Brazil.
- Expanded 'missed-connections' section for lonely world leaders.
- Added missing A-H cores for some states.
- LaR: Fixed Trotsky traits.
- BftB: Added extra conditions to a lot focuses, mostly to avoid your ally suddenly leaving to create their own faction.
- BftB + LaR: Moved operatives to more logical places.
- DoD: Romanian focus 'Secure the Bosporus' now grants a claim and war goals against Istanbul's controller.
- New GFX around the world!
- New monument for Hecuba. Helen is so last millennia.
- Italy, Russia, Republican Spain, Austria-Hungary, and Scandinavia should have more fitting plane models.
- New Super Amazing and Utterly Fantastically Useful Adjacencies.
- Fixed the name of an Uyghur warlord instead of calling him by his Chinese nickname.
- Russian and Indian fragmentation game rules will now divide troops among the tags.
- Several billion other fixes not listed here. Blood and sweat edition.
- Juan I now no longer elects himself to president in the Republic of Honduras.
- Fixed missing tech when doing the attack officers operation.
- LaR: 'Expand Departments' agency upgrade now unlocks under the correct conditions.
- LaR, DoD, BftB: Added more DLC acronyms for patch notes.
- LaR: Fixed the gender of a British operative who cross-dressed a bit too much to the point that it would threaten his cover.
- AI guideline for Germany to send volunteers to Italy if Mussolini is contested.
- AI England told to chill a little on kicking AI Italy's ass in Africa.
- AI weights added to prevent the Soviets from going to war with the Allies over Eastern Poland
- AI peace adjustments.
- AI now knows how to develop feelings, experience heartbreak. The apocalypse is nigh.
- Communist France won't declare war on Britain and Germany at the same time.
Version 08.10.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.3)
- New USA Focuses.
- More Intelligence Agency upgrades.
- Improvements to Nicaragua.
- New awesome Focus and Portrait GFX!
- Added four new releases for the Soviet Union; Karelia, Tatarstan, Buriat-Mongolia, Green Ukraine.
- AI option for 'Old School' behavior.
- Recipe for turning Ramen into bread.
- Hungarian democratic and communist paths.
- Leaders that will only appear if there are collaboration governments in some countries.
- Lots of Swedish - Hungarian Bernadotte effects.
- Level 7 radar and boosted late-game radar techs.
- More extraction decisions around the world.
- Possibility to 'worship' Washington instead of recreating the Confederate States of America.
- An event to warn the player when a spying mission has been completed.
- Harold Harmsworth, founder of the Daily Heil ...mmh the Daily Mail, as a British advisor.
- News event in case of a resistance rebellion.
- Resistance rebellion will boost resistance in all core states of the same country that are not already rebelling.
- Mission for operatives: Attack officers.
- Conditions with the Uruguayan focus to join the Allies.
- Decision to decline tungsten mining in Malaya crisis.
- An event to warn that an operation has been completed without incident.
- Japanese Focuses to take into account efforts to convince the people of East Asia that they were "freed".
- Japanese Focus about the Kempetai for those who didn't agree with the above.
- Conditions to Hideki Tojo so he wouldn't fight himself.
- A Japanese communist as chief of the army to ensure that there is someone to appoint after the revolution.
- Cycling variant for majors and Poland.
- National spirit for Peru and Bolivia.
- Hispanoamérica as a formable for Latin America.
- A new general for Vietnam.
- Small award honoring Frank Welker for his work voicing Dr. Claw in 'Journey to the Center of the Earth'.
- Various name and flag changes.
- Jet Skins for GRE, IRE, ITA, MEX, POL, ROM, YUG, HOL, NOR, BEL, BRA, SWE, FRA, TUR.
- Chinese medium plane skin.
- Gold-related national spirits will show gold ingots icon.
- Some leader portraits of poor quality have been replaced with better ones.
- Increased number of Rogue Panda's stripes.
- New South American ace portrait.
- Better event pic for the Rome Protocols.
- More dynamic Soviet-Russian names and adjectives in a few events.
- Some improvements in the Czech tree.
- Tweaked election events for Costa Rica and Panama.
- Replaced old portraits of Central America.
- Added extra agency upgrades: Such as one that unlocks an extra operative slot.
- Some countries will be able to fuse their factions if they have exactly the same idea.
- Improved Greek fascist focuses.
- Picked a better picture for a Finnish news event so it's not implying that Finns are Chinese.
- Improved the mining companies in the game with more unique effects.
- Traits for French leaders so they will be less likely to cooperate with fascists.
- Ukraine will get resistance in case of a Russian civil war.
- Bypass for an Australian focus to conquer New Zealand if you already have New Zealand.
- +1 cat to apartment.
- Improved the intervention mandate system of the USA so it can create a warning if Germany attacks the Dutch or the British early on.
- Added a unique flag for the rebels in the USA's fascist civil war.
- Revolt level lowered from 90 to 85%.
- Soviet Focus 'Social Welfare' now takes 70 days.
- Killing an ace will remove 1 manpower.
- Achieved anime villain balance. (world peace via the end of all things)
- Oswald Mosley will be less likely to guarantee Eastern European countries.
- Fixed issues regarding Peru-Bolivia.
- Molotov Ribbentrop pact issues.
- Norway leaving the Northern Lights because of a minor reform.
- A bug in Bhutan.
- Clones in Spain.
- Mexico losing its historical fascist leader when General Cedillo revolts.
- Some events where the title was printed over the first line of the description.
- Azerbaijan not owning its own territory when released through a decision.
- USA being able to form a faction while being a puppet.
- Honduras being able to join the Allies while being a puppet.
- Missing global flag to tell the game that there is a second American Civil War.
- Fascist Laos generic portrait.
- Bug in Greenland history file.
- Effect of a faulty Austrian focus to demand Slovakia.
- Lev Prchala not being appointable to the Czech high command.
- Improved some text for Latvia.
- Honduras not being able to get an extra research slot.
- National spirit for Peru and Bolivia.
- Waffle and Gxp added more exclamation points to their dating profiles.
- Confederate cosmetic tag only available if you do the 'Honor the Confederacy focus'.
Version 14.08.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.3)
- Various fixes
Version 10.08.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.3)
- Repaired broken MTG action file.
- VP value visible again.
- Fixed 2 Belgian generals lacking portraits.
- Fixed effects for Montenegrine agents when defining the nationalities of operatives.
- Added better AI guidelines for the USA.
- Added a focus for the USA to abandon free trade if it's consuming too many resources.
- Fixed Ethiopian effects not working in decolonized mode.
- Added missing core of the Celtic Union in Ireland.
- Bulgarian plane skins.
- French heavy bomber is now a Lancaster.
- Told the AI to not pick paratrooper advisors as they don't use them anyway
- Fix a typo in Brazil.
Version 08.08.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.3)
- Chile Improvements.
- French Indochina adjustments.
- Unit VO's Lines given to more tags. (TfV DLC Owners only)
- New leader GFX throughout the world.
- Vanilla USA adjustments and flavor additions.
- Spanish focus to befriend portugal instead of invading them.
- More Turkish manufacturers, traits for Ataturk, generals.
- More unique codenames to always stay in shadows.
- Leaders for Al-Andalus.
- Spies will have a small chance to get secondary nationality.
- A couple of unique names for intelligence agencies.
- Plausible leaders in Naples, Sicily, Venice.
- Anarchist operatives, fear their guitars.
- Laotian fascists?!
- Decision to form Greater Syria.
- Focuses for Celtic countries.
- Decisions to core Zara and Trieste as Venice.
- Late game oil field in the contested region between Bulgaria and Romania.
- Boosted Syria if you start in fragmented mode.
- Game rule to start as united Celtic union under Scotland.
- Decision for Egypt to core Sudan.
- Decision for Greece to core Cyprus.
- Trait for Augustus Mussollini when forming the Roman Empire.
- Decision to create Greater Syria.
- 2 extraction decisions in Syria.
- Improved Chile to make changing ideologies in the early game easier.
- Gave a level to Friedrich Paulus.
- Improved marines focus for the USA, changed some icons.
- Focus to improve the mines for R56 spanish tree changed to excavation tech boost.
- Improved wargoals focus of the R56 spanish tree on the nationalist side.
- Reduced the number of female operatives to reflect the historical ratio a bit better.
- Removed stability bonus of the 'Lure Them In' chinese national spirit.
- Greek focus granting the king direct control over the army.
- Nerfed the starting army for Poland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Czechoslovakia.
- Changed recruitable population bonus of Austrian Front 5%->2%
- Made some manufacturers available for other countries if they form the celtic union.=
- Additional instructions for Romania so it can appoint a government at a more opportune moment.
- More instructions for Germany so it won't pursue wargoal focuses if some enemies are not beaten.
- Neo-Confederate plane skins.
- Korean plane skins.
- Siamese plane skins (1941-1945 versions).
- Norwegian plane skins.
- Venitian plane skins.
- Iraq plane skins.
- TfV owners will get a more historical Swedish interwar plane.
- Some countries will now use the generic version of the French fighter.
- Advisors for Austria.
- Images for some decision categories.
- Removed the Paratrooper trait as an unlockable for the AI.
- Japan will more likely escalate the war in China.
- Fixed a bug where a Free France news event would trigger as a regular event and vice versa.
- Fixed Chilean ideas that are invalid when not fascist.
- Fixed broken tooltips for 2 latvian focuses.
- Fixed Korea being released with buggy territory control.
- Fixed demand Slovenia in the German tree.
- Fixed mistakes in Senegalese and Russian country names/adjectives.
- Fixed expansionist Hungarian focuses being locked behind fascism.
- Fixed Israel lacking even generic advisors.
- Fixed a bug when Hungary demands overlordship over Slovakia.
- Fixed a clone of Chiang Kai-shek who was probably Fantomas.
- Fixed a South African Abwehr agent cloning device.
- Fixed an incorrect leader appearing with a Spanish game rule.
- Fixed bugs in two China-related focuses in the Indian tree.
- Fixed demanding Wallonia not granting Eupen.
- Fixed Austrian focus to establish a Serbian puppet.
- Fixed Italy inviting Austria to the Rome protocols even if they are at war with them.
- Fixed electing a democratic king in Hungary not changing the political regime.
- Fixed some problems with the Armenian and Georgian committee in exile.
- Fixed Greece joining factions while being a puppet.
- Fixed strange cores on territories claimed by the PRC.
- Fixed a focus allowing Guatemala to switch factions.
- Fixed bad portraits for the admiral in Brittany.
- Fixed a bug where Czechoslovakia could get 2 doctrines.
- Fixed demand wallonia not granting Eupen to France.
- Fixed the dissolution of Belgium not granting some troops to the remnant country.
- Fixed Germany producing too much AA and not enough AT.
- Fixed cavalry animation bug.
Version 08.07.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.3)
- Chile Focus Tree Over'h'aul.
- Fascist Honduras has been given 'a' Democratic ANCAP alternative.
- New Leader and Ge'n'eral portraits sprinkled all over the world. What a mess.
- Added more minin'g' decisions.
- New Tag Szeklerland: SZK.
- Latin American Content g'i'ven QoL adjustments.
- New Regio'n'al News Events. Mostly in Latin America
- Significant AI improvemen't's.
- Add Eupen-Malmedy and North Sc'h'leswig stat'e's fo'r' Kaiser border lov'e'rs.
Version 07.06.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.3)
- Compatibility for 1.9.3 "Husky".
- New focus tree for Pakistan.
- New political tree for Luxembourg.
- New political tree for Turkey.
- New army tree for Saudi Arabia.
- New game rule toggle for Germany enabling the Vanilla focus tree.
- New states, including Germany along the Rhine, Yugoslavia, and more.
- New water crossings.
- New releasable country: Kosovo.
- MP Fuel desync fixed.
- A standing mixer might seem excessive, but there should be no compromise when it comes to delicious food.
- More spies and better generic agency names.
- Game rule to increase the number of spies granted by intelligence agencies.
- Game rule to decide which countries will start with intelligence agencies.
- Mini 'preview' tree to Spain.
- 'Revolt of the Arrow Crosses' focus for Hungary.
- USA alternate history flavor with a couple new advisors, a non-aligned leader, two new generals, and one army high command leader.
- Commanders and the regency in Iraq.
- Advisors and commanders for Palestine and reduced compliance to the British.
- Historical advisors for Argentina and Uruguay.
- Decisions for unions to recruit generals of reattached countries.
- Mobile warfare theorist variant of De Gaulle.
- Mining decisions to replace the scrapped Austrian mining focuses.
- Prospecting mine decision in northern France.
- Greater Hungary, Greater Bulgaria, Greater Croatia, Greater Serbia and Kosovo releasable.
- Complex textures can be created by mixing different types of flour and integrating them loosely. This is how we end up with delicious flavor islands within the culinary continent.
- States in Germany so the natural borders of France can be achieved.
- States in Yugoslavia, so everybody can get their share of the Balkans.
- Northern Chile given a new state to better reflect Bolivia's claims.
- Water crossings added to make combat less frustrating in certain areas.
- Don't pack in your dry ingredients when measuring. Scoop into the scoop.
Balance & Tweaks
- The non-LaR Spanish Civil War will fire in July or if the focus 'Strike First' is completed.
- Hungarian claims will grant cores in southern Slovakia and Northern Transylvania.
- Better use of operative portraits.
- Enriched some name lists.
- The Austrian tree has been rebalanced significantly in certain areas to be less frustrating.
- Heavy tanks can no longer be converted from their Great War ancestors.
- Yugoslavia should be a bit more rational in its choice between the Axis and Allies.
- Some countries can trigger RSI when puppeting Italy.
- Fascist Argentina will no longer cause as much world tension.
- Don't be afraid to make your own syrup. If you have barrels of sugar, or have a giant oak tree in the backyard, why not go for it?
- Various planes for Sweden, Finland, Austria, Turkey, Lithuanian, and Croatia.
- Reforming Austria-Hungary as Austria grants Hungarian infantry models.
- Many Graphics and Portraits replaced with better assets.
- Even a small amount of presentation goes a long way. A light storm of pepper, oregano, or ancestral blood across the top of any dish can do just that.
- Behavior paths for Germany which adapt to whatever focus tree you have selected.
- Behavior paths for Turkey.
- The Directorate of Ukraine will not be formed by the AI anymore.
- Italy will be slightly less pushed towards attacking some countries.
- Greece will be less inclined to attack its neighbors if it's already at war.
- Fascist non-historical AI Germany will, on average, not die as quickly.
- Fascist Honduras AI will act more logically.
- Fascist Bolivian AI will be more active.
- Paraguayan civil war is more likely to happen in ahistorical.
- Bananas are not in-fact a good substitute for eggs. Trust us. It was horrifying.
- Streamlined some elemtents of spying.
- Removed buttons related to the discontinued 1939 scenario.
- Milk chocolate is overrated. For a bold flavor, go dark.
- MP Fuel desync fixed.
- Scout planes won't cost absurd CP amounts.
- Fixed research boost that fascist Japan gets when it loses in China.
- Fixed military decisions for Ethiopia.
- Fixed some issues with civil wars in Portugal.
- Always be sure to chill your cookies ~30 minutes before baking. This is the true test of a true chef - resisting temptation to rush while on the path toward true flavor.
- Fixed wrong Mexican tree loading at the end of a civil war if the rebels won.
- Fixed the Raj revolt in some cases.
- Fixed Mengukuo ending at war with Japan if two specific events occured on the same day.
- Fixed missing event chain related to the "Form the Benelux" focus and decision.
- USA fascist demagogue and communist revolutionaries will now be mutually exclusive.
- HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THE 1942 WORLD CUP?
- Other minor tweaks and fixes not listed.
Version 08.05.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.2)
- Many LaR integration issues resolved
- Attempted solutions to a majority of the Multiplayer Desynces*
- Update to 1.9.2
- New Estonia Political branch
- New Victory Points in North America
- Polish Communist Path made more clear
- New Leader Traits Added 'Liberal Grandee' 'Fierce Patriot' 'Nationalistic Tendencies'
- Minor Paraguay flavor
- Better use of 3d models (tanks and planes)
- New characters related to Palestine and Iraq
- Non-aligned leaders got traits reducing their affinity with other ideologies
- A country alone in its faction will get a mission to get allies or be faced with its dissolution
Balance & Tweaks
- Soviet national idea debuffs have had values increased
- France and Poland have lost one civilian factory
- Minor Bulgaria adjustments
- 'Sniper Team' tech nerfed
- 'Camo' techs buffed
- Made intervention in countries focuses of the UK more restrictive
- Fix preorder song blocking the music for those without it
- New Portraits for Argentina generals, admirals, and start date leader
- New Portraits for some generals
- New unique variants of the Polish interwar plane model
- Better use of heavy tank models
- Changed focus icons in LaR Spanish and Portuguese trees
- Fixed Italian AI not defending its border vs France
- Italy should be less inclined to Militarize Rome Protocols on non-historical
- Peace AI is less puppet, liberation, and border gore happy
- UK AI is less inclined to invite countries that are in Soviets sphere of influence to the allies if they are at war with a major
- Many LaR integration issues resolved
- Attempted solutions to a majority of the Multiplayer Desynces
- Fuel desync is still at large but we're looking for a solution and will hotfix it when we do
- Armor tech tree is no longer a mess if you decided to play at a resolution below 1920x1080p
- LaR Spanish Generals fixed
- Localisation fixes
- Fixed many national icons that failed to show up
- Fixed some cases were some generals appeared twice
- Fixed Venezuela not having advisors
- Fixed the Polish Romanian alliance being able without Poland
- Fixed Tito leading Yugoslavia and Croatia all at once
- Fixed Australian portraits not appearing
- Fixed some diplomatic focuses requesting to join 2 alliances at the same time
- Fixed Free France and Vichy having the wrong trees
- Fixed Support Tech
- Fixed tech-related desyncs in MP
- Fixed Armoured Tree Layout
- Asymmetrical Warfare Doctrine Buff
- Field Anti Tank tech Nerfed
- Fixes missing French idea localization
- Fixes available checks in French Focuses
- Fixes for some localization errors
- Fixes for German Fate of Czechoslovakia focus
- Fixes regarding Yugoslavia Slovene Nationalism bug when going down the communist branch
- Fixes bad national spirit during Japanese democratic civil war
- Added AI decision to declare independence when they are at the max of their autonomy level
- British Dominions won't turn into fascist satellites if they turn fascist and are puppets of democratic Britain
- USSR: Some improvements to the Trotskyist branch of the tree to avoid focuses doing nothing
- USSR: Fixes bad NKVD icon
- USSR: Fixes event trigger that could lead to Yezhov plotting against himself
- Australia: Fixed bad leader portraits
- Fixed some game rules missing texts and bad tags
- Venice: Found the flag which was forgotten in a warehouse, they are now flying over the Piazza San Marco
- UK: Added restriction to the intervention focuses so Britain won't do them while at war with the targets
- Adjusted AI chance to research radio and Soviet chance to get rocket artillery
- Added some more interwar planes variations (Turkey, Greece, Romania, Hungary)
- Added heavy and modern tank variations (mainly based on the Pershing tank)
- Added content and effects related to the Spanish and Italian fragmentation game rules
- Added naval modules tech boosts in a number of focuses
- Added leaders and commanders for Korea
- Fixed Chiang Kai Shek having a civil war against himself
- Mexican civil wars will put the capital back in Mexico
Version 08.04.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.1)
- Compatibility for game version 1.9.1 and the La Résistance expansion
- The mod now requires the free DLC "Poland United and Ready"
- Focus tree for New Zealand
- Fully overhauled French monarchist path
- Focus tree toggle for Spain (Defaults to La Résistance for DLC owners)
- Focus tree toggle for Portugal (Defaults to La Résistance for DLC owners)
- Improvements for Ireland
- Reorganization of the technologies
- New land doctrine "Asymetrical Warfare"
- Radola Gajda is no longer a Cardinal with wild hair
- Historical spies in a number of countries (LaR only)
- New Generals for the Soviet Union
- Asymmetrical Warfare has been added
- Game rules to break Germany into kingdoms and dismantle Italy
Balance & Tweaks
- French Communist and Democratic paths no longer provide an additional research slot
- Fragmentation rules will now more effectively break forces between members
- USA will enact a plan for rubber independence around 1942
- Countries will build a bit more infrastructure in the late game (prioritizing resource rich areas)
- AI is now more likely to put logistics companies in their divisions
- Additional variations of existing plane models (requires the Polish dlc)
- Corrected multiple bad portraits
- Fixing 4th International invisible divisions for France
- Removed duplicate Austrian focus against Hungary in the communist branch
- Fixed bug where Austria would change its focus tree after annexing
- Fixed bug where Czechoslovakia would change its Focus tree after annexing
- Smashed multiple bugs related to Chen Duxiu and the Chinese Trotskyist path
Version 08.02.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.8.0 - 1.8.2)
- National Focus: New tree for Australia.
- National Focus: New branch for Independent India Politics.
- National Focus: New branch for Soviet tanks with related manufacturers.
- Addition: Joining a faction is now ideologically restricted, except for non-aligned governments or through events.
- Fixed: The Italian Stresa Front focuses and events.
- AI: Your AI opponents are now far more logical.
- The ghost of SpicyAlfredo is haunting the patch notes, but who is really behind it all?
- Australia is now even more nationally focused.
- Added a few good Indian gentleman.
- Countries are even fancier with DLC models.
- Germany Japan, Hungary and the UK will get even wetter via additional focuses.
- Generally added a generous number of generals to Germany.
- The Soviets are even better with tanks now.
- The Soviet Union doesn't rhyme, so we'll just say they have more generals.
- Switzerland wants to trade its newly discovered Steel resource for one sheep and two wood.
- Australian Papua gains 1 rubber, while the Dutch East Indies mocks them for such elastic productivity.
- Added one more general to Hungary, because he's all you'll ever need and more. ;)
- Snuck in a general to Carpatho Ukraine who is most definitely not a vampire. 60% sure.
- The Generic Tree now much closer with MTG.
- Added the Hyderabad tag to our local brick wall.
- Japan and the USSR started some amphibious tank manufacturers.
- Game Rule: Ability to agonize over the choice between the Rt56 Australia Tree and the TfV Australia Tree.
- Game Rule: Focus path selection for Belgium and Chile, the two spiciest places for new rules.
- Game Rule: Choose your level of bondage over faction restrictions.
- Chile: Created some new unicorns with venture capital, a focus and altered some focus effects.
- Thinking_Waffle attempted an exorcism in order to clear the patch notes of haunting spirits.
- If there's no Democracy in the USA, we have a plan for that.
- You now have more ways to get factonal in your focus trees.
- Ireland will be called the 'Free State of Ireland' until it decides to get even more political.
- Scotland raided its pubs and found even more Air Chiefs.
- Siberia is now full of werewolves.
Balance & Tweaks:
- Reworked the Stresa Front focus branch for Italy, for a price.
- Greatexperiment appeared and turned out to be the Necromancer secretly controlling everything.
- Removed the name Confederation of the Rhine when France bro hugs Germany.
- Prvented a paradox via a temporal bypass in the Austrian focuses regarding Slovenia if you already own yourself.
- Changed color of France to make it both pleasant and unique. Sure, why not?
- German U-boat focus is now good for discount snorkles.
- Improved AI priorities for Quebec. Will now no longer eat the last slice of pizza unless the Fascists are in power.
- If you free Scotland and Wales, a puppeted UK will turn into England and elect a man with terrible hair.
- Added a couple of increased excavation priorities if you control either certain states or a Stargate.
- If the Anschluss happens Austria will become democratic and load the generic tree so they won't do wild things when released.
- Made the Turks far more technical.
- Increased requirements for British-Scandinavian adventures.
- The Croatian Steel focus will add a bonus to steel technology. Crazy stuff.
- The Communist Indian revolt will have a chance to be lead by either Shandra Bose, or a sentient statue of Ron Swanson.
- Germany's Anti-Comintern Pact focus has been moved to a safer location.
- Focuses leading to the post-capitulation focus in the Belgian tree are now properly built, stacked, and massaged.
- Some German ideas have been censored.
- Focuses in the Soviet Union are now 0.000045% more rewarding and 17% more delightful.
Manchukuo bandit raids now work as they do in Waking the Tiger, but only if you had cash on hand for the DLC.
- Indonesia has massively expanded its research capabilities by a staggering one slot.
- Featherus, Darkneon, and the Pordy tried to flee, but Alfie passed out.
- Made some AI plans available under historical conditions to make the AI more reactive under some game rules, and to stop slacking off about its studies.
- Democratic President MacArthur has army connections.
- Cuba has now fixed its focus on diplomacy.
- Uruguay now thinks twice about inviting Canada out to club Axis.
- Germany can't resurrect Hungary in southern Slovakia, hums loudly and tries really hard.
- Refurbished a French Focus trying to convince communist Spain to join the axis.
- Synthetic refineries are up to OSHA standards and now produce more fuel, but don't produce residual oil.
- Fixed some old focus trees still being marked as part of the masses and therefore being able to appear.
- Fix an embarrassing Korean name.
- Handsome Abbus has an idea for a powerful spell, and TheHistoria sacrifices himself to stop the spirits.
- Germany will not do the Reichkommissariat dance without warming up a bit first.
- The Czech Communist boost is now all in your mind.
- Fix a bug where AI Ireland would not enact an important decision regarding lowering the deductible on its car insurance.
- Reduce infrastructure necessary to get the rubber out of the Amazon, because it's such an unstable and bouncy situation.
- Rebel communist India from TfV tree will not stay in the Allies and will instead go on a personal journey of life discovery.
- The Indian government in Exile will generate Indian exile generals instead of British generals even though it was kind of cool.
- IndyClone77 completes the spell, and the patch notes are safe once again. Everyone goes out for ice cream afterward, ghosts and necromancers included.
- Fix: Bug with fascism on the rise decisions.
- Fix: Restrictions on changing regime restrictions being too restrictive sometimes.
- Fix: Civil war names for some countries with frequent civil wars.
- Fix: Missing Bavarian adjective.
- Fix: Manufacturer icon in Luxembourg.
- Fix: USA strategy plan to avoid fascists to go communist and vice versa.
- Fix: A bug in an Indochinese OOB file.
- Fix: Pétain not appearing when Vichy France is formed.
- Fix: Bad text of a Dutch event.
- Fix: A French focus that tried to invite Republican France to a reactionary faction.
- Fix: Manchukuo focus tree not giving the divisions it is supposed to give.
- Fix: Manchukuo generals not having portraits.
- Fix: Montreux Convention faction name.
- Fix: French Popular Front collapsing when it shouldn't.
- Fix: French Vienot Agreement focus branch not correctly releasing nations.
- Fix: Brazil duplicate ship name.
- Fix: Interface bug for tech boosts in the land doctrine interface.
- Fix: A Dutch event referencing Belgium.
- Fix: A Belgian event with a bad news image.
- Fix: A generated flying witch ace having a bad trait.
- Fix: Portrait of Metaxas not appearing.
- GFX: Removed all unused gfx file.
- GFX: Replaced some gfx and portraits from our talented artists.
- GFX: Reformatted all portraits with approximately half the size.
- ...but then laughter is heard as thunder rolls across the sky.
Version 08.12.19 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.8.0 - 1.8.1)
- Further compatibility for game version 1.8/1.8.1 Fork.
- Ideologies: A majority of governments now have a new very small unique stat bonus to each.
- Map: The Great Lakes is now naval territory, with appropriate canals.
- National Characters: Number of balance adjustments applied.
- British Raj: Starts with the state of Aden in Southern Yemen.
- Oman: Starts as a puppet of the United Kingdom.
- Poland: Updated content to the latest version of the Historical Poland mod.
- Germany: Added communists, neutral and democratic advisors.
- Albania: The "Albania's Pact of Defence" focus will now send events asking for guarantees.
- United Kingdom: The alternate fascist tree, opened by the focus "State visit to Germany" is now part of the regular tree.
- Further compatibility for game version 1.8/1.8.1 Fork.
- Map Edit: Added Great Lakes as Naval Territory.
- Map Edit: You can now walk from Detroit USA to Windsor Canada.
- Map Edit: Added the Dardanelles to fit the Australian FT, added the Ketch strait as a teaser for the Crimean FT.
- GFX: Added several new icons, portraits and more created by our talented artist team.
- Decisions: Two new decisions to temporarily decrease the cost of variants.
- Decisions: Added reformation of Belgium. Gains some penalties once reformed.
- Decisions: More oil extraction in Romania Hungary.
- Decisions: Added some "silly objectives" decisions for a certain path of a certain country.
- General: Added several oil refining concerns for several countries.
- Canada: Added a historical focus to build ships on the great lakes in Toronto (TfV only)
- Colombia: Removed fake companies and added actual historical ones.
- Bosnia: Added some companies names.
- Hungary: Added some new focuses and buffed the already existing ones.
- Oman: Starts as a puppet of the United Kingdom.
- British Raj: Starts with the state of Aden (southern Yemen).
- Costa Rica: Will get an election event in 1936.
- Panama: Will get an election event in 1936.
- Austria: Added a path for monarchist Austria to attack Czechoslovakia.
- Poland: Updated content to the latest version of the Historical Poland mod.
- Soviet Union: Added new general Vasily Gordov.
- Sweden: Made Scania a tank manufacturer and made them use Czech tankettes models in the early game. (DoD only)
- USA: Added manufacturer.
- USA: Added more victory points.
- Britain: Added manufacturer.
- Romania: Added manufacturers.
- 3D: African artillerist that was forgotten months ago.
- 3D: The commonwealth interwar fighter is now a biplane. (TfV dlc only)
- 3D: Australia's Woomera will appear as a model for heavy fighters. (TfV dlc only)
- 3D: Mexico multiple engines bombers will not be represented by a biplane, interwar fighter will use said biplane. (MtG dlc only)
- Belgium: AI taught to build tank destroyers and Jagers.
- Finland: AI taught to build Jagers.
- Sweden: AI taught to build Jagers.
- Yugoslavia: Added communists, fascist and neutral/democratic advisors.
- British Raj: Starts of with the correct country leader.
Balance & Tweaks
- GFX: Updated and replaced several icons, portraits and more across the mod.
- Techs: Added winter clothing tech bonus to focuses for Croatia and Sweden.
- Armenia: Adjusted prerequisites of several focuses.
- Albania : The "Albania's Pact of Defence" focus will now send events asking for guarantees.
- Japan: Buffed the effects of many focuses in the communist tree.
- China: Small buffs for the focus tree.
- Colombia: Tweaked the communist and fascist paths and changed the democratic one.
- Congo: Adjusted layout and prerequisites of several focuses.
- Northern Ireland: Changed 1 Civilian Factory to 1 Military Factory on the Antrim Torpedo Factory focus.
- USA: Now starts with M1 Garand Kit infantry equipment.
- Spain: Partially changed starting ideologies popularity.
- Finland: Partially changed starting ideologies popularity.
- USA: Added 2 Dockyards and 1 Steel Mill. Removed 1 Civilian Factory.
- Soviet: Number Adjustments to World Revolution Branch Rewards.
- National Characters: Number of balance Adjustments to various Characters.
- Ideologies: Various government types were given a new very small unique stat bonuses to each.
- Manufacturers: Boosted glider manufacturers to increase the impact of paratroopers further.
- South Africa: "Organize Our Party" now directly gives you Abram Fischer, the communist revolutionary.
- Bulgaria: Fixed Macedonian infiltration decisions.
- China: Fixed the 'New Life Movement pro-Japan' focus path being unavailable if you were a puppet of Japan.
- Croatia: Fixed tech bonus on the 'Small Arms' focus.
- Chile: Focus to support fascism in Argentina will now bring a bonus limited in duration.
- Germany: Fixed Wilhelm II not deciding to show up when you picked him for the civil war.
- Japan: Fixed the Pacific Guardian decision about Indochina.
- Iraq: Fixed several demand events and focuses that change popularities and foreign opinion.
- Manchukuo: Fixed 'Restore The Empire' focus not giving cores on several necessary states.
- Philippines: Fixed issues with the popularity focus.
- USA: Fixed some minor event issues involving ideologies.
- Russia: Fix badly written imperial focus to get Bessarabia.
- Malta: Fascist name will no longer be called "10th crusade" because war is not a state.
- Vietnam: Fixed the event about winning the Independence War.
Version 14.11.19 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.8.0 - 1.8.1)
- The mod should no longer be "outdated" in the launcher.
- You might need to restart the launcher once or twice to get this to show.
- If it doesn't, it's most likely an issue with the launcher, which means we can't really do anything about it.
For the mod in 1.8: It should continue working like normal and save games shouldn't be affected to our knowledge. There are a few fixes/improvements that can be done but they will most likely arrive with the next mod patch.
Version 09.11.19 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.7.0 - 1.7.1)
Last month was huge! The team won a beauty contest in Germany and someone gave us flowers! We also had an awesome Halloween party planned, but it was spoiled by Iran showing up early. Oh, and we announced that our team is working on [something].
What's next? We turn 3 next month! To celebrate we will probably be renting cabins in Moosonee, right along the majestic Moose River. If those are booked, then we'll go to the lodge on nearby scenic Moose Factory Island. It'll be long days of budget oriented thrills and even longer nights of staring into our drinks and asking what the meaning of is is.
While we understand most of you aren't likely to join us in northern Canada anytime soon, we'll still have some cool things planned and probably even more loot boxes. You like those, right? YOU DO.
- Removed Milestone Cake and loot box decisions.
- Focus Tree: Iran (Properly introduced, this time.)
- Focus Tree: Saudi Arabia (Economy and Political paths) by BlueFoxy.
- Focus Tree: Northern Ireland (Army, Air, Industrial and Naval paths) by Thinking_Waffle.
- Focus Tree: China (Democratic and Non-Aligned paths have been rearranged) and have had their rewards redone.
- Map: Added 1 new state in Albania.
- Map: Added 5 new states in Malaysia.
- General: Added Steel manufacturers mostly for majors boosting steel mill construction and naval armor/guns (the naval bonus only works with Man the Guns.)
- General: Added Kurdish "generals" based on soldiers who helped the Brits during World War II.
- Art: New focus icons for multiple countries.
- Misc: More loading screen quotes added.
- General: Adjusted generic tree. Overall buffed.
- General: Adjusted the focus tree layouts for Bulgaria, Honduras, Indonesia, Nicaragua, Portugal and South Africa.
- General: Number of National Characters have been adjusted. Gender category no longer deals with consumer good stat, but instead factory output %.
- Equipment: Changed the variants of land and air equipment. Most significant change: upgrading reliability increase the cost of the weapons.
- Resources: Increased the base aluminium production of Aluminium mills from 2 to 4.
- Decisions: Naval combat reports now boosts some Man the Guns naval techs.
- Afghanistan: Nerfed Graveyard of Empires idea.
- Bhutan: Changed the bonuses of the fascist focuses of Bhutan to make the regime change take a bit longer.
- Bulgaria: Added a tiny bit of steel.
- Canada: Added winter clothing boost to one focus.
- Croatia: Changed a focus granting a military factory to an offmap one if they control no states to avoid granting no rewards.
- Danzig: The fascist leader now really loves Germany.
- Free France: Improved the quality of generals granted later during the war to make them useful.
- Germany: Changed Germany's name under non-fascist ideologies to their English counterpart.
- Germany: Changed the states controlled by both sides in case of an anti-fascist civil war.
- Iceland: Changed fascist flag and fixed the colors for the flags of all ideologies.
- Italy: Now has concessions over the Albanian resources.
- Japan: Added summer or winter clothing boost depending on which Strike Doctrines you choose.
- Japan: The Army Expansion focus now allow you to fill your high command more easily rather than unlocking a not very interesting advisor.
- Japan: The democratic civil war will now oppose the civilian government and the army lead by Tojo rather than Hirohito. The Balance will also tip in favor in the army for the Rebels.
- Japan: Added a small opinion boost regarding the USSR due to the North Sakhalin oil deliveries.
- Manchukuo: The "Contact Qing Restorationists" branch now has actual national spirits and buffs.
- PRC: If the player accepts to cooperate with the Kuomintang, Zhang Xueliang will now always accept the proposal.
- PRC: "Government Reshuffle" and "Boost the Morale" are now mutually exclusive.
- Soviet: The focuses unlocked after taking the "Counter Coup" focus in the Soviet Tree are now part of that same tree rather than part of a separate tree.
- Soviet: The advisors required to unlock the "Counter Coup" focus are now indicated in the focus prerequisites.
- General: Made the AI pick a doctrine specific advisor only after they researched the first level of that doctrine, they will no longer recruit theorists of the wrong doctrine.
- General: Reduced the chances of puppets with the generic tree to choose a different ideology path.
- General: The AI should do more extraction decisions.
- Japan: Should modernise its' naval bombers and fighters more.
- Norway: Reorganized the historical focus order.
- PRC: If the player accepts to collaborate with the Kuomintang when contacting Zhang Xueliang, he will always accept.
- Portugal: asking and getting Ceylon won't give you a core on it.
- Romania: Changed the chance that Romania pick an ideological advisor to 0 so that they won't have weird regime changes.
- Siam: Should be more inclined to join Japan's faction and not Germany's faction when Fascist.
- Soviet: Should build more tanks and planes, modernise infantry equipment earlier and not research paratroopers that it can't use anyway.
- Soviet: Should be less likely to go to war with Allies and or Japan when they are at war with a communist country that doesn't border the Soviets and is an AI. Preventing WWIII from happening less often while WWII is still going on.
- UK: Will no longer do the McDonald proposal if they are at war with Ireland of if Eire doesn't exist, avoiding the famous "reverse Ireland" bug.
- UK: Should modernise its tanks and planes more.
- USA: Should be more reactive against Japan and produce more ships (Man the Guns only), modernise its' tanks and planes more.
- USA: Fixed a Man the Guns bug where the AI would focus on convoys, not knowing what ships to build.
- General: Fixed/re-added party names for multiple countries.
- Techs: Fixed a bug where mechanized would gain hardness through variants rather than armour, leading to units with over 100% hardness.
- Techs: Fixed missing text for a tech category.
- China: Fixed "End the People's Tutelage" not requiring to take the "National Reform" focus first.
Version 12.10.19 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.7.0 - 1.7.1)
If you'd like to read a little something about how the mod was made and in celebration of our 500k milestone, head over and read the full patch notes here.
- Added optional Milestone Cake. Will be removed in the November Patch. Enjoy they delicious benefits while they last!
- Added microtransactions and bribe-to-win.
- New Country: Crimea.
- Focus Tree: Spain by BlueFoxy.
- Focus Tree: Army, Air, Industrial and Naval paths for Scotland by Thinking_Waffle.
- Focus Tree: Mexico's Man the Guns tree is now turned on by default if Man the Guns is enabled.
- Game Rules: Focus Tree selection options for Mexico.
- Game Rules: Added Mexican AI Behavior options.
- Game Rules: Added Strengthen sliders for a majority of releasable nations. More to come!
- Governments In Exile: Are now available. Hooray!
- GFX: Tons of new focus icons, portraits, ideas and more by our talented artists.
- Resources: Added tons of new prospecting decisions for several countries. Several late game decisions are invisible until Construction IV is unlocked.
- Argentina: New VPs.
- Azerbaijan: Added a bunch of historical advisors/leaders.
- Bolivia: New VPs.
- British Somaliland: New VP.
- Cameroon: Added rubber.
- China: Added several new advisors.
- Dominican Republic: Added new communist leader.
- Egypt: Added new leaders.
- France: Added new Popular Front Victory event.
- Germany: Repurposed unused air commanders of the base game as generic land portraits.
- Guatemala: Added two new generals.
- Latvia: Added new focus called 'Militarize The Aizsargi' along with one new general.
- Scotland: Added two new leaders.
- Soviet: Added a decision to prospect the Volga-Ural basin if Azerbaijan is lost.
- Tadjikstan: Added a bunch of historical advisors/leaders.
- Turkmenistan: Added a bunch of historical advisors/leaders.
- Ukraine: Added a decision to be sure that its claim on Western are transformed into cores.
- USA: Added five new 'Act' decisions.
- USA: Added some more admirals.
- USA: Repurposed unused air commanders of the base game as generic land portraits.
- USSR, Ukraine: Added naval manufacturers for the Crimean peninsula.
- Uzbekistan: Added a bunch of historical advisors/leaders.
- Game Rules: Galicia is now released when Spain is fragmented.
- Game Rules: Crimea is now released when the USSR is fragmented.
- Techs: Increased the importance of acclimatization in uniform techs.
- Resources: Rebalanced resource distribution across the map to be closer to historical values.
- Bulgaria: Can now only join Axis through focus if at peace.
- Byzantium: Locked coring as originally intended.
- China: If China is puppeted by neutral Japan, they will still get Wang as a leader.
- Egypt: Changed Muhammad Naguib to Farouk I and updated the portrait and sub-ideology.
- France: Most war declaration focuses now give warnings to the justified nations.
- Germany: Göring now leads the civil war against the Monarchists.
- Germany: Buffed Germany's democratic national spirits.
- Guatemala: Updated name, portrait, trait and sub-ideology for Jorge Ubico Castañeda.
- Scotland: Added missing core on Shetland.
- Spain: Republican Spain is now Democratic instead of Communist.
- Spain: Manuel Portela Valladares is now the starting leader.
- Slovakia: Added refining tech bonus to the focus about the oil refinery.
- Norway: Britain should be democratic and a faction leader before they can ask to join their faction.
- Overall: Several countries have higher chance of picking alternate paths.
- Brazil: Should now utilize the political paths a little bit more.
- Bulgaria: Will no longer join Axis through focus until 1941.
- French Indochina: Fixed Vietnam popping up in historical games.
- Germany: Should now utilize the political paths a little bit more.
- Hungary: Will no longer join Axis through its focus until 1941.
- Hungary: Fixed some problems in historical mode.
- Nicaragua: No longer prioritizes every other focus except political focuses.
- Portugal: Now takes the correct path in historical mode.
- South Africa: No longer prioritizes political focuses over everything else.
- USA: Is now more proactive when FRA/UK go down ahistorical paths and it stays Democratic.
- Decisions: Updated targeted decisions to greatly improve performance!
- Argentina: Fixed the country lacking its navy.
- Belgian Congo: Fixed white background on one of the national spirits.
- Bulgaria: Fixed losing its puppet status when joining the Axis.
- Botswana: Fixed faceless leader.
- France: Fixed a tiny detail regarding the Fourth International decision.
- Germany: Fixed 'Reassert Eastern Claims' focus blocking progression under certain conditions.
- Germany: Fixed not being able to go to war with the Soviet Union under certain conditions.
- Germany: Fixed declaring war on Poland blocking progression under certain conditions.
- Germany: France will now get a warning message when Germany does the 'War with France' focus.
- Germany: Fixed ressurecting Hungary by giving them Southern Slovakia when dismantling Czechoslovakia.
- Greece: Fixed a majority of the navy starting with barely anything in 1936.
- Greece: Fixed demanding Constantinople working every time.
- Italy: Fixed Italy's bypass about factions.
- Malaysia: Fixed several civil war issues.
- Norway: Fixed a few portraits.
- Poland: Fixed some details for the Stocznia Gdańska naval manufacturer.
- Poland: Ensure how Vilnius is ceded to the USSR with the rest of Eastern Poland.
- Spain: Fixed a vanilla bug that allowed to prevent the Spanish Civil War.
- UK: Fixed a civil war bug involving Cocos and Christmas Islands.
- UK: Fixed broken focus tree icons.
- UK: Updated focus tree with various vanilla bug fixes and sanity checks.
- USA: Fixed an admiral having the land career officer trait rather than the naval one.
- Many other minor fixes not mentioned.
Version 08.09.19 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.7.0 - 1.7.1)
We've come around to that fabled period yet again - patch day! The 56 Team has arranged an amazing platter of content, tweaks, and tiny sandwiches for your enjoyment.
Unfortunately the mood around the Team 56 Office has been grim lately. We've all been looking on in horror as our subscriber count creeps closer to 500,000 and a single question looms ever larger in our minds:
Which one of us is the most handsome?
This led to small debate, that then led to a pitched battle using office chairs and several old CRT monitors, and then someone tried to launch themselves out of a cannon to prove a point. It wasn't until Thinking_Waffle told us about his fatal pastry allergy that we all made peace and realized that nothing in life makes any sense.
That being the case, we're glad that you're along for the ride. Thanks for being wonderful and spending your chill evenings with us - making the world a better place one mod at a time.
- Focus Tree: Malaya by Skip
- Focus Tree: Nicaragua by Jrburton001
- Focus Tree: Guatemala by Sven
- Focus Tree: Partial revamp of Greece
- Focus Tree: Updated France by BlueFoxy
- Focus Tree: Updated Poland by Darkneon312
- Focus Tree: Updated Norway by Darkneon312
- Game Rules: Added new alternate AI behavior paths for France and Italy
- GFX: Tons of countries have new GFX by Scarecroww, FacundoSim and Jrburton001
- GFX: New portraits for Ernst Toller, Stanley Baldwin and De Oliveira Salazar by Jrburton001, theHistoria94 and Abbus
- 3D Models: Added for Iranian, Egyptian and Iraqi infantry by McNaughton
- Resources: Added shale oil in Scotland and Australia
- Decisions: Added more prospecting decisions
- Ideas: Reorganized and added some manufacturers in Britain, Canada, Luxembourg and Quebec
- Ideas: Historical advisers for Puerto Rico
- Map: Added Kashgar and Khotan as victory points, made the Taklamakan desert impassable
- Bangladesh: Added new leaders
- Pakistan: Added new leaders
- Paraguay: Added correct starting leader to Paraguay and the event where he is deposed
- China: Added a decision for China to get rid of its army incompetence instead of through events
- Misc: Numerous countries have received unique leaders and portraits for their alternate ideologies
Balance & Tweaks:
- Game Rules: Updated several French AI behavior paths to work with the new focus tree.
- Resources: South Sakhalin oil moved to Soviet territory with Japanese resource rights, added oil fields in the North of Honshu.
- Resources: Removed Chinese oil at the Tibetan border due to the absence of historical sources confirming its existence.
- Resources: Increased the amount of oil produced in Burma.
- Decisions: Prospecting decisions now come in two versions depending on whether you have Waking the Tiger.
- Decisions: Enabled throwing of mistletoe at smug bastards. There might be consequences.
- Decisions: Prospecting decisions are now more evenly spread through the game and partially gated by technology
- Map: Reduced some infrastructure in China and Indochina.
- Belgium: Taking half of the country and puppeting the rest will result in a puppet Flanders or Wallonia.
- Belgium: Redid multiple Belgian national spirits icons.
- Britain: Burma is now freed if Britain decolonizes.
- Britain: Established depots for those fleeing west from the Great Winter.
- Croatia: Added an additional starting research slot.
- Estonia and Latvia: Unifying the Baltic countries will grant a core on Vilnius.
- Indochina: Now dismantled if the Asian Decolonization game rule is used, split Rubber through different regions.
- Vietnam: Added an idea to prevent them from joining a faction like the Comintern while fighting their independence war.
- Italy: Minorly changed historical AI path.
- Italy: Tweaked the AI's priorities in the focus tree.
- Manchukuo: Removed the war requirement for the "An Alternative" focus.
- Slovenia: Changed some advisers.
- China: Lowered the debuffs for China's incompetent industry and incompetent army.
- Mexico: Redid Mexico's companies icons.
- Spain: Added José María Gil-Robles y Quiñones as leader for Spain if Nationalist Spain becomes democratic.
- Austria: Austria will now refuse the Anschluss if in a faction with Italy.
- Misc: Redid nearly all Czech national spirit icons.
- Misc: Saw two wolves eating the sun and moon, all while the stars vanished and the world fell into a great darkness.
- Misc: Multiple focus icons have been redone for the Netherlands and Indonesia
- Game Rules: Removed a lot of options that didn't do anything.
- Portraits: Fixed generic Asian portraits appearing in Europe.
- Indonesia: Fixed a bug where an event supposed to free the country didn't, fixed bad idea paths.
- Italy: Fixed several issues with the historical AI.
- Italy: The Stresa Front events should trigger sooner.
- Italy: "Cooperation with Germany" is now bypassed if the latter is already in a faction with Germany.
- South Africa: Fixed a few decisions.
- Yggdrasil: Put up a small warning sign near the roots regarding the eternal soul-devouring dragon.
- Spain: Applied a Paradox fix in the OOB of the Spanish Civil War.
- Serbia: Readded focus tree.
- Austria: Fixed "Undermine" Mussolini being unavailable if guaranteed by Italy.
- United States: Removed the bad portrait for Alf Landon, readded the Vanilla one.
- Misc: Added missing Patreon portrait to the USA.
- Misc: Challenged Garm at the gate and fought the beast for 27 days. Didn't win, but I did get this cool t-shirt.
- Misc: Tons of unlisted bugs and other minor issues fixed.
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.