Mod «Russia Reworked» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.4)
Last update: 14.02.21.
Reason: Mod updated to version 13.02.21
Welcome to Russia Reworked! A full rework for the Soviet Union.
What is the mod about?
The mod gives the Soviet Union a whole new focus tree, events, decisions, operations, national spirits, and even more!
Current features :
- 150+ Focuses
- 120+ Events
- 80+ National spirits
- 60+ News Events
- 13 Custom Operations
- A reworked strategy for the AI
- 4 Unique Cosmetic Tags
- 2 Communist Paths (Stalin & Trotsky)
What is to come?
- Improvements for the AI
- New Politicals Paths (Democratic, Fascist and Non-Aligned)
- Bug fixes
- Balance update
- New focus icons, event images, etc... (not a priority!)
- Anything that goes through our mind
- And more!
Q : Why the Soviet Union?
A : We always thought that the Soviet Union was way too weak. The Soviet focus tree is just boring and very short, without many options. Overall, for such a big and important country, Russia in the base game feels like you're just waiting forever. We wanted to change that (also the Soviet AI is... Let's not talk about it).
Q : What does the mod add?
A : A lot of stuff! We make sure that everything we add is well implemented within the mod, doesn't cause bugs, and most importantly, is fun to play. A lot of hidden events are to be discovered as well. It's for you to discover.
Q : Do I need any DLC to play the mod?
A : For a best experience of the mod, yes, as we use DLC content, such as espionage for example. However, the mod should still work without any DLC, some bugs might happen though, and the focuses for the operations will not do anything.
Q : Will the mod get updated regularly?
A : Yes! We will not, however, release small updates. Updates will happen depending on how far we've reached or if any game-breaking bug needs to be fixed.
Q : Can the AI play the Soviet Union?
A : Yes, it can. See below for more information.
Q : Can I play with my friends?
A : Yes, the mod is compatible with multiplayer.
Q : Is this mod compatible with other mods?
A : It should be as long as the other mods don't touch any files related to Russia (so no, it is not compatible with Road to 56 or any other overhaul mod). You might also encounter bugs if you play with a mod that replaces Finland's events for example, but we made sure to make it as compatible as possible.
Note that we are not responsible for your game crashing while using our mod.
Mod checked on game version: 1.10.4
- Updated to 1.10.4
- Fixed war goal for Finland
Version 01.01.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.3)
- Fixed the mod not working for Linux users!
- Added new GFX
- Added new year resolutions (see the description)
Version 09.12.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.3)
- Fixed some triggers
- Made some adjustments to the AI (more will be coming later)
- Changed the color for the Socialist Union of Workers (Trotsky's world revolution)
- Made adjustments to the 4th International decisions
Version 28.11.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.3)
- Updated to 1.10.3
- Fixed renaming of Leningrad for Pavel (democratic)
Version 21.11.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.2)
- Fixed Siberian triggers
- Improved the Democratic AI
- Better Proletarian Union triggers
Version 12.11.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.2)
- Updated to 1.10.2
- Fixed errors with the new version
- Fixed Finish cores when getting annexed
- Added names to most Russian releasable countries (thanks Kavo!)
- Fixed and improved some triggers
Version 07.11.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1)
- Reworked and improved the Trotsky path
- Added '4th International Council' decisions : influence and bring countries of the world to the true revolution!
- Replaced "The Warsaw Pact" focus by "The Iron Curtain" : Influence the minor countries of Europe and redraw the Iron Curtain!
- Removed "Influence the Weak Nations" focus. Is now part of "The Comintern" focus and targets neighboring nations of the Comintern
- Added a few events (with news events for the new decisions)
- Added an alternative focus to "Reunification" in the Democratic path. You can now keep the Russian States as puppets and gain benefits from it
- Greatly improved the AI for the non-aligned decisions
- Fixed the non-aligned AI not taking the right option during the "Tsar vs Military" event
- Changed how the AI behaves in the Second Civil War
- Fixed Kazakhstan being split up if the White Guard is an AI
- AI majors will now send volunteers in the Second Civil War if the war goes on for too long
- Added more than 40 custom focus icons!
- Added Siberia as a releasable nation (can only be released once the Soviet Union has capitulated or progressed far enough in their political path)
- Siberian industrial focuses can now be done if Siberia is controlled by an allied nation
- France is now unable to guarantee nations holding Slavic States after they signed the Slavic Pact
- Updated "Invite Yugoslavia" focus if Yugoslavia doesn't exist : will now also invite the newly added Balkan countries
- Added English localisation as the base localisation for all languages. Sub-mods for translating will still work, but non-
- English players will now get English localisation instead of missing localisation
- Minor changes and balance
Version 18.10.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1)
- Updated to version 1.10.1
- Fixed all errors related to the new version
- Updated states requirements
- Update to the Communist tree : Trotsky now shares the NKVD and Rehabilitated Military focuses (previously only available for Stalin)
- Greatly decreased the cost and time for custom operations, as well as the overall risk (Trotsky path); Since espionage is more of a secondary feature, the operations have been buffed a lot to make the Trotsky path more interesting and fun to play
- Updated the "Dissolve Yugoslavia" operation to match the new Yugoslavian states
- Fixed typos in the localisation
- GAZ designer now gives a permanent bonus to motorized in top of equipment bonuses (because motorized are already researched when the game starts)
- Changed a country tag conflicting with a new cosmetic tag
Version 11.08.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.3)
- Added new city name changes when not Communist
- "The Third Rome" is now called "Third Rome" (on the map)
Version 06.08.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.3)
- New GFX
- Changed a trigger for "A Tragedy" focus
Version 03.08.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.3)
- Improved the AI strategy for custom operations
Version 29.06.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.3)
- Added material designers
- Fixed battleship spawn
Version 04.06.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.3)
- Updated to version 1.9.3
Version 28.05.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.2)
- Added new focus icons (custom ones!)
- Added new portraits (custom ones!)
- You now need less than 25% capitulation progress to complete the "Finish the Second Five Year Plan" focus, instead of controlling all your owned states
- You do not need to control all your states to complete the "Resolve the Infrastructure Problem" anymore
Made a better tooltip for "Russian Expansion" focus
Version 11.05.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.2)
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.