Mod «VF's Brazil» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1 - 1.10.5)
In Hearts of Iron IV, as in most of her games, Paradox gave little to no attention to "minor" countries, mostly emergent under-the-equator contries.
One of them is Brazil.
Brazil is the 5th largest country and the 8th richest in the world by 2016. It has one of the largest mineral reserves of the planet and was a player in WWII, having its 27,000 strong Expeditionary Forces, the Pisa-based FEB, forcing the surrender of a joint German-Italian Army, lead by General Otto Fretter-Pico, and being the most important army in the breakthrough of the Eastern Section of the Gothic Line and the liberation of the Po Valley, in what would end in the liberation of Ravenna and Bologna from the Axis, which culminated in the dismantling of the Italian Social Republic of 1943.
Between 1930-1945 Brazil suffered one of its most troubled political times and its second biggest economical and industrial boom of the 20st Century. The Vargas regime was marked by a Civil War in 1932 between the major brazilian states, the discovery and nationalization of strategical resources in Brazilian territory, the creation of major government-controlled companies, having most of the countries' industrial, military and legal bases go through complete renewal and transformation.
Not only it's was a great time for the country, it was an unstable time of competition between rural oligarchs, liberals, integralists, communists and varguists for the absolute control of the nation and the capacity to set the countries' future.
In light of this historical setting and the importance that such decades represents of Brazilian history, it's nothing but fitting for it to have a focus tree, complete with a plethora of decisions, military and civil leaders, ideas, songs, sounds, resources, manufactories, advisors and flavour, in both English and Portuguese.
Here are the major features this mod adds
- An in-depth focus tree, being perfected on since June 2016, coming along with
- The option to enable/disable sounds that play on completion, which include anthems and speeches
- A trade-oriented diplomatic branch
- A scaled and organic industrial branch
- Player-friendly political, military and scientific branches, with the option to restore the Monarchy
- The option to build Brasília
- A technology to fight much better in the Amazon
- Game-setting ideas, with custom GFXs
- Huge decision categories, which range options for
- Kickstarting the National Alcohol Program
- Developing your industry with flavour through the Ministry of Public Works
- Picking a leader among dozens, all of which having custom traits and being part of an contextualized ideological group
- Detailed map with at least 3 major cities per state, with lights on at night
- Carefully written localisation, in order to contextualize the player as much as he likes about the historical setting.
- A plethora of advisors, also with custom GFXs
- Dozens of Army and Navy leaders, with custom GFXs and thought-through skills
- Technology names and GFXs
- Custom designers and manufactorers, also with their own GFX
- Wouldn't call it a security update but here's a refresh of the March 3 files in case the steam servers were compromised.
- Might have changed a thing or two but honestly I have no idea. I usually work a little bit every week on these so who knows what exciting new stuff you'll find.
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.