Mod «August Storm» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.3)
Last update: 06.06.20.
Reason: Mod updated to version 05.06.20
For our great pleasure it is now obvious that there will be a large number of mods for HOI IV. Some of you are already familiar with August Storm (HOI III), some other never heard of it. We think that this diversity of mods is a chance for the player’s community and we would like to thanks PI developers for making games that give to the modders so many possibilities. This diversity is the reason why we thing that it could be fair for our mod’s potential players to know what we are trying to do.
So, just to be sure this mod is made for you, here is our modding philosophy:
- Maximize the historical plausibility while trying to improve the gameplay and difficulty (be warned that AS4 will be really tough in Veteran mode).
- Completion - Adding in missing countries, technologies, extending the timeline
- Realism-Balance - Altering variables (or create new ones, when necessary) to make for a more realistic game. Balance is always secondary to this. Added features or functions won’t be necessarily “visible” at first glance (AS3 had a lot of “hidden” features, mostly build around dynamic features like the Strategic Effects). They will be included in a whole coherent system, for a better game experience. We singled out script effects not massive cosmetic effects.
- UI - Making the user interface better both from usability and aesthetic aspects.
Mod checked on game version: 1.9.3
- Update for game version 1.9.3.
Version 29.05.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.2)
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.