Mod «EU4 Style Ideas» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.0 - 1.9.3)
Last update: 13.10.20.
Reason: Mod updated to version 13.10.20
This mod brings ideas and policies from Europa Universalis IV to Hearts of Iron IV.
This mod adds 27 idea groups with 7 ideas each as well as 64 policies that you can buy in exchange for Political Power.
The idea groups are split into 3 categories:
- Administrative: Administrative Ideas, Economic Ideas, Innovativeness Ideas, Communist Ideas, Democratic Ideas, Fascist Ideas, Monarchist Ideas, Minister Ideas, Internal Policy Ideas
- Diplomatic: Trade Ideas, Diplomatic Ideas, Intervention Ideas, Influence Ideas, Capital Ship Ideas, Submarine Ideas, Carrier Ideas, Espionage Ideas, Resistance Ideas
- Military: Leadership Ideas, Quality Ideas, Quantity Ideas, Offensive Ideas, Defensive Ideas, Air Combat Ideas, Tank Ideas, Bombing Ideas, Occupation Ideas
Each idea group has at least 5 policies that requires the idea group itself as well as another idea group to be fully unlocked.
All countries have 8 idea group slots which are unlocked by date, from 1937 to 1944 (or 1911 to 1918 if playing with Hearts of Iron IV: The Great War, or 1008 to 1015 if playing with Equestria at War) one per year. A game rule allows to extend it from being able to take 8 idea groups up to 16, the additional ones are as well unlocked yearly. An idea group can be chosen for each slot allowing to unlock its ideas and thus gaining their specific bonuses.
Furthermore, countries have 7 national ideas, 2 traditions and 1 ambition, which are unlocked by completing ideas. To unlock all national ideas and thus gaining the ambition, at least 21 ideas have to be unlocked.
Currently there are 25 unique national idea sets included as well as a generic one.
If you are able to adopt a new national idea set (e.g. Imperial German Ideas), you can switch to them by right-clicking the shield/flag in the idea window and clicking the button to switch national ideas.
- Generic Ideas
- German Ideas
- American Ideas
- British Ideas
- Italian Ideas
- Soviet Ideas
- Japanese Ideas
- French Ideas
- Canadian Ideas
- Chinese People's Ideas (PRC)
- Chinese Ideas (China)
- Chinese Warlord Ideas
- Polish Ideas
- Imperial German Ideas (Non-Aligned)
- Greek Ideas
- Spanish Ideas
- Imperial Chinese Ideas (Manchu & Qing (WW1) & Qing Empire formable)
- Imperial Greek Ideas (Macedonian Empire formable)
- Romanian Ideas
- Turkish Ideas
- Ottoman Ideas (Ottoman Empire formable)
- Austro-Hungarian Ideas (Austria-Hungary formable)
- Portuguese Ideas
- Swedish Ideas
- Dutch Ideas
- Saudi Arabian Ideas
This mod also adds the following formable nations:
- Macedonian Empire
- Qing Empire
- added more game rule options to allow restricting max amount of selectable idea groups
- added descriptions for Capital Ship Ideas
- added descriptions for Democratic Ideas
Version 10.05.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.0 - 1.9.2)
- added descriptions for Influence Ideas
- added descriptions for Offensive Ideas
- added a game rule to allow idea group unlock dates be dependent on starting date (so e.g. with that enabled and starting in 1939 the first idea group is unlocked in 1940, etc.)
Version 16.04.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.0 - 1.9.2)
- added new national idea group
- Spanish Revolutionary Ideas (Communist or Anarchist)
- added descriptions for national ideas of the following sets (special thanks to Maxwell and thanks to Silver Knight of Anor Londo):
- Saudi Arabian Ideas
- fixed alerts positioning for when the La Resistance DLC was not active
- Japan shouldn't spend PP on ideas anymore, if it can use decisions to get rid of the Marco Polo Bridge Incident national spirit
- mod should now have a basic compatibility with BICE (which means the GUI should work and the ideas should be applied, potential changes of BICE might still cause incompatibilities, such as changes to ideologies or equipment)
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.