Mod «Army of Iron» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.3)
Last update: 25.09.20.
Reason: Mod updated to version 23.09.20
This mod combines the base-game experience with all mods that I consider to be an improvement or welcome addition to the game while eliminating all compatability issues or other errors.
Some of the larger changes included in this mod
- Over 70 new and mostly balanced decisions to improve the national situation or waste your political power
- A much more challenging and competent AI thanks to the inclusion of Expert AI
- Focus tree adjustments to several countries, ranging from smaller convenience changes to a serious rearrangement, see some examples:
- Germany no longer needs to have a civil war to bring back the Kaiser or become democratic, although this exposes your country to all kinds of ♥♥♥♥ery for some time.
- Italy can now continue its focus tree if they somehow manage to lose in Ethiopia, although it will affect further focusses negatively.
- Changes to the Soviet Tree so they don't totally lack behind in power. More industry and research buffs.
- The US focus tree is now a bit less restricted and slightly altered which allows for late game world domination under the right circumstances.
- An exhaustion mechanic which adds depth to the economy laws and models demobilization after a war while also annoying everyone for the sake of it
- More technologies, including weapons and tanks for the year 1945
- Over 50 new states around the globe allowing for more historical borders
- A demand menu which allows you to achieve territorial ambitions without starting a war every god damn time
- A state transfer tool which you can use in case of ♥♥♥♥ed up peace conferences
- Puppet Manager so you can finally get rid of Burger Qing (Manchukuo)
- A lot of graphical "improvements", equipment icons and proper equipment localisation for many nations
- Adjustments to defines for minor gameplay improvements
- Increased Resources for historically accurate oil distribution
- Construct factories for your lesser allies
Mod checked on game version: 1.9.3
- Lowered combat width to a 120 base and 60 per additional province
- Lowered unit upkeep to 1% of its current value, meaning less stuff randomly breaks (but it still does!)
- (Expert AI) Applied the limit of 5 civilian factories for construction to AI-only events and projects
- (Leader Traits) "Organizer" will now be properly learned
- Lowered penalty if you overstack units (exceed combat width) to 50%
- Lowered assignable civlian factory amount for foreign construction projects to 5
- (Hungary) Adjusted probability of the AI picking "Renew the Rome Protocols"
- (United States) Slightly adjusted AI priorities (there is a chance they will pick "Reestablish the Gold Standard" now)
- (Germany) Fixed both Rhineland focusses not having the proper triggers and effects
- (Soviet Union) Added an idea to the "New Soviet Man" focus
- (Soviet Union) Added a focus to support Communist China instead of Nationalist China
- (Soviet Union) Spread out industrial research bonusses (so you get one at the start and at the end of the industrial branch)
- (Soviet Union) The lowered exhaustion will now be granted upon completing "Finish Heavy Industry"
- (Soviet Union) Added a focus "Agricultural Expansion" which gives a permanent boost to the construction speed of civilian factories and infrastructure
- (Soviet Union) Added a focus "Resource Extraction" boosting...guess what? Resource Extraction! (also gives a research bonus for the respective technologies)
- (Soviet Union) Added a "New Soviet Man" idea which grants 10% stability and 10% monthly population gain
- Fixed and changed some aspects of the events following Hitlers Disposal
- Decisions related to the Portugal convoy evasion thing will now be re-enabled after 180 days
- "Synthetic Oil Experiments" now only unlocks 1 level of Synthetic Refineries (as it is supposed to)
- Changed localisation for events surrounding the disposal of Hitler
- Some localisation for existing ideas now has convenient capitalization
- Further increased the range gained by higher level engines (on ships)
Version 29.08.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.3)
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.