Mod «BlackICE Historical Immersion Mod» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.3)
Last update: 06.07.20.
Reason: Mod updated to version 05.07.20
Black ICE is a mod which aims to overhaul HOI IV in order to make a more immersive, historical, and challenging experience for the player.
First, make sure that you have downloaded the BlackICE GFX addon. This basically adds in all the event images for BICE.
It is recommended to play BICE with Historical AI Focus on. Ahistorical gameplay will lead to unexepected stuff and might even CTD.
- BICE adds in a huge array of new units, equipment types, country specific armor, aircraft and ships for all the major nations.
- National Focus trees have been worked on for all the majors and many of the minor nations, often thanks to other mods which have generously allowed BICE to use their NF trees.
- Laws and politics are greatly expanded and allow for great detail in how you choose to run your nation.
- We have also worked on and expanded the OOBs, templates, and production for all nations. Some techs will provide new units, some will provide upgrades and some will provide new equipment for existing units.
- To help offset the costs of equipment specialised factories can be built such as tank factories, artillery factories, small arms factories etc. These map buildings will lower the cost of the associated equipment.
- The AI has also been improved, making it better than its Vanilla counterpart. It does due sadly not use the added naval and air trees, but always use the generic ones. We intend to get that working in the future.
Mod checked on game version: 1.9.3
- Various improvements and fixes.
Version 21.06.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.3)
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.