Mod «The Gates of Versailles» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.3)
Last update: 12.12.20.
Reason: Mod updated to version 11.12.20
Welcome to The Gates of Versailles!
The Gates of Versailles is a mod based on the scenario that The Napoelonic Wars end in a Stalemate.
The Gates of Versailles, a mod based around the idea 'What if the Napoleonic Wars ended in a stalemate?'.
The point of divergence is when the Battle of Trafalgar proved indecisive, and later France gets bogged down in the Peninsula War. The Napoleonic Wars end with France having to retreat from it's Central European territories, like the Illyrian Provinces, Poland and Eastern Germany, but it still keeps the Confederation of the Rhine and its holdings in the low countries. A whole century of history later and we find ourselves in 1914, when the Great War has just begun. The entente consiting of France, Russia and the United Kingdom face off against the Central Powers which includes Prussia, the Austrian Empire, the Ottoman Empire and the United States. The entente narrowly wins the war, with the help of a good defense around the Rhine and British commonwealth troops. Now in 1936 the world is about to be set ablaze. Prussia is preparing to unify Germany into one state. Russia is at a crossroads of complete degeneracy and a democracy. Like Prussia, Italy is heading the unification of Italy under Mussolini. The king of the Untied Kingdom, George V, is dying and whoever his heir may be will change the future of the United Kingdom. The boy emperor of France, Napoleon VI, has shown little interest in politics, but has expressed interest in a modern reconquest of Europe. The following years will decide the future of Europe. Will France fall into the annals of history like empires of yonder, or will Europe be under the napoleonic fist again?
The Ideologies are
- Social Democracy
- Revolutionary Jacobinism
What countries are Playable?
The current playable countries are:
- United Kingdom
Mod checked on game version: 1.10.3
- Fixed a crash when Italy is puppeting Yemen, this was caused by some missing files from the latest version (thanks to anyone who reported it)
Version 28.11.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.3)
- Nerf France
- Buff Prussia
- Overall balances to the first step of unification for Prussia (political power cost are all reduced, time are reduced except for some decisions where it increases by a bit)
- Nerf "War Against Japan" spirit for China
- New portrait for Allah Bux Soomro (SND), Georges Thierry d'Argenlieu (NHO), Napoleon VI (FRA), Imam Yahya (YEM), Charles de Gaulle (FRA) (SWI), Maxime Weygand (FRA), Charles Huntziger (FRA), Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (FRA), François Darlan (FRA)
- Add custom agencies for France and Russia
- Add operatives to France
- New and improved focus icons
- New and better custom party icons
- Update to 1.10.3
- Change the owner of the Johnston Atoll from USA to ENG
- Replace Roger Blaziot (General FRA) with André Masséna (General FRA)
- Make Gaston Billotte a Field Marshal (FRA) and Alphonse Georges a General (FRA)
- Westphalia capital has been changed from Frankfurt to Dortmund
- Added a puppeted Denmark flag and name if Prussia puppet them
- Fix error where operative traits would not have icons nor localisation
Version 29.10.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1)
- General Bug fixes, the game should be more stable
- Fixed a crash where the AI didn't know what to do during a peace deal
- New portraits for Ghazi I (IRQ), Christian X (DEN) and Ibn Saud (SAU)
- Decisions for Austria to integrate and core Germany and the Austrian Empire
Version 16.10.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1)
- The game is now 1.10.1 compatible
- New portraits for: Leon Blum (FRA), Edward VIII (ENG), Alexander I (ENG), Erwin Rommel (WUR), Ivan Konev (SOV), Albrecht von Württemberg ( WUR), Heinrich Trettner (WST) and Boris III (BUL)
- General bug fixes
- More news events
- More US cities (14 in total)
- Georgia is slightly changed (Portrait and Leader)
- New Main Theme for the futures updates of 0.2, the old one from 0.1 the Chant du Départ (Song of Departure) is now a regular song
- Probably some very minors stuff for 0.2 already added in, who knows?
Version 15.06.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.3)
- Fix error where the Austrian focus "Naval Rearmament" would add dockyards to states not owned
- Austria gets cores on Germany when they form Germany
- Fix bug where the peace event for Franco-Prussian war would spawn without owning Paris
- Fix error where Spain would build a lot of divisions
- Make it such that China cannot pick conscription higher than Volunteer Only
- Change the Fascist party name of Austria from NSAAP to NSÖAP
- Add custom party icons for several countries
- Prussia can no longer go to war with Austria if Austria is not fascist
- Add news event for Reassembly of the Red Ruhr Army
- Add news event for when Nariman Narimanov dies
- New portrait for Adolf Hitler and Ho Chi Minh
- Change party names of Russia
- Change the names of states in Nouvelle Hollande
- Add a new VP to Nouvelle Hollande and change the value of Bourg-Joséphine
- New Loading Screen
- New starting screen interface, complete with revised social media buttons and mod credits.
- Nerf the Generic focus tree a little bit
- Add a news event for when Nariman Narimanov dies
- Add Bartolomé Blanche as a general for Chile
Version 03.06.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.2)
- Made the Prussian AI do their decisions
- Fixed requirement for some advisors
- Fixed decisions for Russia
- Added new route for Prussia to go to war with Denmark over Schleswig-Holstein
- New Portraits
- Add VP to Nouvelle Hollande
- "Look to Denmark" now has a response event
- Rework of Azerbaijan
- Rewritten the Ruhraufstand news event
Version 30.05.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.2)
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.