Mod «Lord of the Rings Mod» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.5)
Last update: 26.04.21.
Reason: Mod updated to version 24.04.21
"One by one the free lands of Middle-earth fell to the power of the ring. But there were some who resisted. A last alliance of men and elves marched against the armies of Mordor and on the slopes of Mount Doom, they fought for the freedom of Middle-earth. Victory was near but the power of the ring could not be undone. It was in this moment when all hope had faded that Isildur, son of the King, took up his father's sword... Sauron, the enemy of the free peoples of Middle-earth was defeated."
This mod aims at recreating J. R. R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings within the bounds of Hearts of Iron IV, as well as providing plenty of alternate possibilites to bend the narrative to player's will. If you find yourself enjoying this mod, please feel free to leave behind a positive rating or comment as a token of appreciation.
Disclaimer: This mod is still work in progress. Expect bugs o'plenty. Feedback and bug-reports are very welcome and I will see to them as soon as I get to it.
- Completely fresh, custom made map of Middle Earth
- Adequately customized flags, portraits etc. for each respective nation.
- Completely custom National Focus Trees for the nations of: Mordor, Isengard, Gondor, Rohan, Erebor, Rivendell, Lothlòrien, Moria, Mirkwood, Entwood and Harad
- Custom Diplomatic National Focus Trees for: Arthedain, the Shire and Angmar
- Custom events and interactions that evolve around J. R. R's story
- Infantry unit reskins for Gondor, Mordor/Isengard, Rohan and Arnor
- Custom tech tree reskins to fit the lotr universe
Things you might want to know before getting started
- Games are usually shorter than vanilla HoI4, since there is only one continent.
- Default political events such as ideology referendums will NOT occur for any nation with a custom focus tree except Angmar, Entwood or Harad.
- Prioritizing any national focuses underneath the 'The Fate of [countryname]' focus is usually a good idea.
- Around December 1936 Elrond's Council will be invoked, at this point the nations of Mirkwood, Gondor and Erebor may decide who will constitute the fellowship of the ring.
- The skills of the fellowship will determine how likely any nation can take the Ring. (see below)
- The nations of Lothlorien, Isengard, Gondor and Mordor can attempt to obtain the ring through their focus tree at specific timeframes.
- Capture the Ring: If the nation who has the ring capitulates or get annexed, the winner receives the ring.
- The river between Dagorlad and Rohan is impassable.
- Playing as Northern Wastes is not recommended.
Mod checked on game version: 1.10.5
- Updated to 1.10.5
- Map reworked
- Resource rework (prototype)
- Other small changes
Version 13.04.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.4)
- removed soviet union and switzerland
Version 24.03.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.4)
- updated to 1.10.4
- fixed ring events not firing (thanks to Ryless)
- fixed missing focus icons for mordor
Version 01.05.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.1)
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.