Mod «New Ways» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1 - 1.10.5)
Last update: 21.04.21.
Reason: Mod updated to version 20.04.21
The Second World War is full of guile and heroism, great feats and terrible catastrophes.
But what if it had been different?
New Ways of Hearts iron hearts IV is ready to answer this question in as much detail as possible!
This is a large-scale project that aims to improve the original game, making the gameplay more intense and interesting. New Ways adds new mechanics to the game and works through a lot of countries, adding a lot of new focuses, events and decisions — and most of them are based on the real story transmitted to the game in all its details.
With the New Ways mod, you can see what the history of the twentieth century could have been... Or create it yourself. Help the French anarchists unite the world into a single commune, allow General Sanhurjo to revive the Spanish Empire, create a state for Turkish pan-turkists from Istanbul to Yakutsk, or finally unite the whole world in the World Soviet Republic — the choice is yours.
New Focus trees:
- Generic + anarchist generic
- Expanded the Chinese warlords
- France: regular, left, cagular, collaborationist and Free
- Afghanistan (0.3)
- Andorra (mini branch)
- Belgium (regular + collaborationist)
- Bermuda (0.3)
- Greece + Cretan revolt + Hellas
- Egypt (0.3)
- Ethiopia (0.3)
- Habsburg Empire
- Hohenberg People's Empire (0.3)
- Hatay (mini branch)
- Iraq (0.3)
- British Palestine (0.3)
- Liberia (0.3)
- Liechtenstein (mini branch)
- Ceylon (0.3)
- Rebels Of Macedonia (mini branch)
- Maldives (mini branch) (0.3)
- Monaco (mini branch)
- Newfoundland (0.3)
- Iran + Pro-British + Pro-Soviet (0.3)
- South Azerbaijan (mini branch) (0.3)
- Mehabad (mini branch) (0.3)
- Nazi Iran (0.3)
- Kashkai (0.3)
- San Marino (mini branch)
- Spain + Nationalist Spain + 7 Spanish minors
- Tangier (mini branch)
- Yemen (0.3)
- Armenia + Azerbaijan + Georgia from Transcaucasia: A Caucasia Expansion
- Small expansion of focus USSR, Germany and Japan.
- In addition to the focuses, we also added a bunch of new mechanics that you can learn directly in the mod.
- Reworked/added/adapted new portraits for most countries.
- New game models for a new type of troops.
- Many changes to the map and borders of regions in accordance with historical references.
- A new, third scenario in which you can have fun with our new generic focus tree for minor countries.
- New icons for national spirits, focuses, and other things.
- New ideologies, as well as sub-ideologies and their political branches for some countries.
- Added also Ministers and new traits for leaders, portraits for them and bonuses.
And a lot of other things that you can meet in the process of playing our mod!
- Added the ability to remove generals (via the ability)
- Added flamethrower infantry models
- Integrated mod for Embargo. AI uses it too. In the rules section there is an option to disable this feature for AI
- Integrated mod for recalling volunteers. AI was trained to use it in case of threat from neighbors
- The cosmetic possibility of automatically changing the names of parties of all ideologies (except for anarchist) when changing ideology to anarchism. When changing ideology from anarchism, party names are restored
- Lots of new flags (and we kind of found a good flag maker)
- Expansion of the Arctic map based on the Arctic Expansion mod. The current version of the map does not reflect the final result. (alas, this will break all your saves!)
- Few new portraits (special thanks to our new artist Zhenya Korovin)
- Adjusted AI behavior for Reich and Italy
- The Reich now has a crust on Dresden
- Adjusted the priority of spending PP in Mexico: now there should be no sudden GW with Christeros
- Some European countries (primarily those who had a chance to fight the Reich) have a historical limitation on the number of divisions.
- Bhutan now has the ability to restore the size of the army in an irregular way of forming the army
- Tweaked the requirements of the solution related to Sudan in Egypt
- For the formation of the United Iberia of Spain, it is enough to control all its regions by means of puppets. Those. now there is no need to annex Valencia, Catalonia, etc.
- Fixed anarchist individualist mercenaries' decisions for flamethrower tanks. Templates for other mercenary divisions have been enhanced with an extra. in companies
- Adjusted AI's desire to buy weapons through solutions to the global market. Now he will not be less willing to use the solutions until he has at least 2 polit. advisers, manufactory, concern and theorist
- After the appearance of the first puppet in China, a solution will appear that launches a small chain of events to adequately divide the borders between your Chinese puppets. To complete it, you must have at least 10 Chinese puppets
- Adjusted the desire of anarchists to use their specific solutions. Now they will use them with at least 50 anarchic unity, since some branches required too much anarchic unity, and the AI was constantly spending it on decisions
- Due to an error in the code, the script block associated with the rebuilding of the call type for neutral anarchists did not work. As you know, they are free to switch between mercenaries and the usual way of summoning. We conceived penalties when switching from one type to another and now it works
- Fixed a bug where Tibet lost all national spirits during GW
- Reduced capitulation limit from anarchist ideology from 15% to 5%
- Fixed events related to Magical Moai
- The decisions of the democratic Habsburgs from the branch of the creation of the United States of Europe, related to the transformation of an ally into a puppet, now use approximately the same formula for calculating the price as decisions for the integration of a puppet
- Fixed notification in the window for declaring war on a country with an irregular army organization scheme
- In the doctrine of "Asymmetric War", the "People - Warrior" sub-branch now receives an increase in the maximum command resource limit in proportion to the increased number of divisions in the army
- Rebalancing of the effects of 1-4 doctrines
- The "Valorous Self-Sacrifice" ability from Doctrine 6 has been weakened. It now replaces the Forced Attack ability
- Support Flamethrowers can now drop
- Flame Tank Battalions now require fewer consumables
- Trotsky will not come to the puppet now
- Added news about the outcome of events for canonization between Duce and Habsburg
- Reduced buffs on surrender limit
- Removed the exploit of the original game to obtain an infinite number of command resources when assigning a mission to transport aircraft
- Fixed a bug in the German tree when the Kaiser could learn Revoltreich's tricks
- Fixed a bug in the Hungary tree where we lost Horthy. Also, if Hungary went to the Habsburg branch, but those have already been called up through another country, then the existing Habsburgs will absorb Hungary, if it is an AI
- Many Italian focuses that previously required regional ownership now require regional control
- Fix the focus of Bulgaria related to Macedonia. Yes, he will still forcibly allocate it from the target country, but now the declaration of war will work correctly
- Fixed a critical bug in the Cahul tree tree, allowing Great Britain to marionette instead of Luxembourg
- Fixed a bug in the Hohenberg tree where the Switzerland and Sweden tags were confused
- Fixed a bug in the focus of Iraq related to the liberation of the puppet Kurdistan
- Palestine focuses giving Factories and Factories will now spawn on National Territories rather than Transjordan lands, which are not originally Palestinian Nationals, leading to a silly situation where the focus has no beneficial effect
- Now Iran has the opportunity to change the growth of ideology in the national spirit "Get rid of dissent" if it switched from Monarchism to Fascism and vice versa
- The Trotskyist branch of Left France (FRC) has been slightly expanded
- Yemen's tricks have been slightly supplemented
- Now, if the British Empire accidentally manages to enter a foreign alliance, then when studying the focus associated with an alliance with Italy, and with a positive response, the British Empire will forcibly leave its former allies and create an Anglo-Italian Pact
- In the Japanese tree, the exception between the "Leadership of technology" and "Supremacy of the will" is returned
- New game rules have been added to allow all AIs with generic focus trees to be directed to one ideology. Create your own challenge. You asked, we did
- The default setting for the maximum number of operatives from industry is 10 agents (there was no limit). Glory to Optimization!
- Added setting for using AI embargo
Version 07.01.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1 - 1.10.3)
- There is no list of changes.
Version 05.01.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1 - 1.10.3)
- Replaced the shot effect of flamethrower armored vehicles with a more suitable one.
Version 31.12.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1 - 1.10.3)
- Worked out Tibet, Sikkim, Nepal, Bhutan and Arabistan. All of them got their own national focuses, events, solutions, etc.
- Added new tags for countries in China and Asia;
- Large-scale rebalancing of military doctrines;
- Introduction of 2 new land and 1 aviation doctrine;
- Changed research trees, added new technologies;
- Introduced new types of troops: flamethrowers, flamethrower tanks and BA, as well as snipers as support;
- Improved map of Central Asia, China, Burma, Caucasus, Balkans and Switzerland;
- Fixed a lot of minor bugs and bugs.
Version 14.11.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1 - 1.10.2)
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.