Mod «The New Order: Dont Surf» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.1)
Last update: 30.05.20.
Reason: Mod updated to version 25.05.20
The year is 1962, and Europe rests under the jackboot.
World War II has been over for twenty years, but its legacy still lives on. The German Reich reigns supreme from the Atlantic sea to the once great city of Moscow, ruling Europe with an iron fist. Thousands live and die every day under German tyranny, yearning for a freedom that may never come.
But all is not well in the Reich.
Hitler lays on his deathbed even as the first German raumsonaut lands on the moon, and already the vultures pick at his corpse. Albert Speer, Martin Bormann, Hermann Göring and Reinhard Heydrich each prepare to take power in the Reich, and the world waits with baited breath for the storm that is surely coming. Outside of the Reichstag in the supercity of Germania, partisans prepare for their final struggle, and Heinrich Himmler plots to bring the world to the edge from his spartanist utopia in the Ordenstaat of Burgundy.
Across the seas, the United States gathers allies to prevent the fall of democracy in the world, struggling to contain its own politics long enough to tear up the treaties that had ended the second World War. In Asia, the Japanese Empire groans under the weight of rivals within as well as without, as a hundred different cultures struggle and yearn for their own freedoms.
The world seems to be on the brink. Will it survive to see a new millennium, or is this the beginning of the end?
The year is 1962, and the world sits on the edge of destruction.
The New Order: Dont Surf is the second demo for the Hearts of Iron IV mod, The New Order: Last Days of Europe. This demo contains the following features, a small taste of what is to come in the final game:
- Five years + of playable content for the embattled Dominion of South Africa, the regretful Reichskommissar Schenck of Sudwestafrika, the hedonistic Reichskommissar Siegfried Müller of Zentralafrika, and the imperious and fanatical Reichskommissar Hans Hüttig of Ostafrika.
- Engage in economics that change based on your actions.
- A completely new interface for the Cold War aesthetic.
- Thousands of events written to the highest standards in Hearts of Iron writing.
- A fully reworked tech tree.
- New ideologies!
- An entirely new law and politics system based on Victoria 2.
- An entirely new map, built for increased detail as well as a dystopian aesthetic.
- Hundreds of unique focus icons, event pictures, tech icons, and more.
- Go safari as Zentralafrika!
- Portraits for every single leader in the game.
This demo is just a glimmer of the future, a thank you note and love letter to all of those who have followed our project so eagerly for the last five years of development. The New Order: Last Days of Europe is one of the most ambitious mods for Hearts of Iron IV ever created, and on release you will be able to experience:
- Ten years of content for over a dozen nations, including the German Reich, the United States of America, the Empire of Japan, the Iberian Union, the Italian Empire, China, Burgundy, and many Russian nations.
- Thousands of fully written events.
- Hundreds of decisions.
- The ability to wage nuclear war, and witness the post-apocalypse.
- Unique gameplay features for almost every nation, ensuring no one feels alike.
- Multiple paths for every nation, many offering almost completely unique content from other paths.
- Hundreds of secrets to be discovered!
- And so much more!
This demo itself will get several content updates, possibly with the addition of some new nations in Southern Africa, though nothing is promised at this stage. Consider it a thank you gift for waiting with us through our delays.
Mod checked on game version: 1.9.1
- Fixed a critical economic issue where "Other income" would not contribute to your income
- Fixed a critical map issue with provinces 13542 and 13564. Reaching those provinces with your front lines will no longer break frontlines, and more importantly, no longer break the AI. As an added result, the South African AI is usually much more competent at holding a frontline and reacting to breakthroughs
- Bechuanaland can no longer get more than 100% monarchy support
- The English Civil War will now actually fire
- Fixed some flavour events which would repeatedly fire for the player over the course of the game
- The Wehrmacht no longer supports Savimbi (Wehrmacht units spawned by German support are now deleted through independence)
- Free Angola no longer gets support from Hüttig's Werwolf militias
- The hunting event chain should no longer cut off before the first event
- Ostafrikan Wehrmacht support divisions no longer spawn in the ocean
- OFN mandates and Free Angola will now lose their Reichskommissariat national spirits
- Event "A Bad Day in Boipatong" no longer results in -60% stability and +80% fascist support in South Africa
- Fixed several messed up or buggy event options
- Diamonds can now be used if you have an equal amount to the cost
- Sudwestafrikan ideas are now properly logged upon activation
- Russian warlord raids no longer generate errors due to the missing implementation of an opinion modifier
- Event "A Golden Cuppa" no longer fires for the Reichskommissariats
- The River Hog trophy now actually appears in the trophy case
- Special forces techs now net you a free division template when researched, as the tooltip promises
- Formation of the Afrika Schild and Schild SAW Intervention world events now fire
- Ostafrikan war preparation decisions no longer stay after the war starts
- Missing law tooltips added
- South Africa's war decisions no longer stick around post-war
- Failed hunts as Müller no longer result in the deletion of the hunt category
- Namibia now leaves the Schild when it overthrows the Germans
- Zentralafrika can no longer take its decision to get 100 tanks for free
- The USA no longer declares war upon its mandates post victory
- The ANC no longer rises up in Angola and Venezuela
- Several focus icon fixes
- Rebalanced the incomes of the Reichskommissariats and South Africa accordingly with the now-functional misc_income
- Rebalanced South African victory points. Taking Cape Town should no longer cause instant capitulation (but is still worth a lot)
- The arrival of the USN 6th Fleet now coincides with a national spirit for the RK's, which prevents them from conducting naval invasions for the duration of the war
- Unconventional Tactics maluses have been nerfed for the RKs.
- Unconventional Tactics ideas no longer stack
- Hüttig now gets some small OOBs spawned in to simulate the Ostafrikan takeover of most Sudwest and Zentral garrisons when they conduct the Brüdermord
- Ostafrika no longer has to rely on nonexistent liquid reserves to take decisions
- South Africa can now trade with the United States from game start
- South Africa now has refineries which produce a slow but steady uptick of fuel, so that it (and especially the AI) can somewhat upkeep the large army, air force, and navy
- South African industry in the Boer regions are now more dispersed, so that the fall of one VP doesn't knock out 90% of Boer industries
- A heap of writing edits, done by the fantastic editor team
- Many oversized events edited down to fit the screen
- Added loc for several ideas which were missing it
- Added loc for several events which were missing it
- All naval admiral traits and tooltips now have localization
- Several more minor localization fixes
Quality of life improvements:
- Several major UI changes
- Added unique capitulation quotes for Russian warlords
- Kazakhstan unification events added
- England has received some changes
- Reworked the Brüdermord to be much more true to future Germany content. All 3 RK's should now get events for the full context of the Brüdermord
- Added unique GFX for several ideas
- There are no longer two Caracas in Venezuela
- Chopped the buggy and old Zentralafrikan "Please the investors" mechanic that was not intended for the demo
- Adjustments to the SAF referendum mechanic to better reflect the writing and gameplay
Version 02.05.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.1)
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.