Mod «The New Order: Old World Blues» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.0 - 1.9.2)
Last update: 17.04.20.
Reason: Mod updated to version 16.04.20
The year is 1962, and Europe rests under the jackboot.
World War II has been over for twenty years, but its legacy still lives on. The German Reich reigns supreme from the Atlantic sea to the once great city of Moscow, ruling Europe with an iron fist. Thousands live and die every day under German tyranny, yearning for a freedom that may never come.
But all is not well in the Reich.
Hitler lays on his deathbed even as the first German raumsonaut lands on the moon, and already the vultures pick at his corpse. Albert Speer, Martin Bormann, Hermann Göring and Reinhard Heydrich each prepare to take power in the Reich, and the world waits with baited breath for the storm that is surely coming. Outside of the Reichstag in the supercity of Germania, partisans prepare for their final struggle, and Heinrich Himmler plots to bring the world to the edge from his spartanist utopia in the Ordenstaat of Burgundy.
Across the seas, the United States gathers allies to prevent the fall of democracy in the world, struggling to contain its own politics long enough to tear up the treaties that had ended the second World War. In Asia, the Japanese Empire groans under the weight of rivals within as well as without, as a hundred different cultures struggle and yearn for their own freedoms.
The world seems to be on the brink. Will it survive to see a new millennium, or is this the beginning of the end?
The year is 1962, and the world sits on the edge of destruction.
The New Order: Old World Blues is a demo for the Hearts of Iron IV mod, The New Order: Last Days of Europe. This demo contains the following features, a small taste of what is to come in the final game:
- Five years + of playable content for the noble Ural League, the proud communes of Orenburg, the foul Dirlewanger Brigade, and the scheming Lysenko of Magnitogorsk. Included as a bonus is a secret path for one nation, also fully playable.
- Over a hundred unique endings to discover, fully complete with ending slides in the style of Fallout: New Vegas.
- A completely new interface for the Cold War aesthetic.
- Hundreds of events written to the highest standards in Hearts of Iron writing.
- A fully reworked tech tree courtesy of the Minutes to Midnight team.
- New ideologies!
- An entirely new law and politics system based on Victoria 2.
- An entirely new map, built for increased detail as well as a dystopian aesthetic.
- Hundreds of unique focus icons, event pictures, tech icons, and more.
- A raiding system for the Dirlewanger Brigade and Magnitogorsk.
- Portraits for every single leader in the game.
This demo is just a glimmer of the future, a thank you note and love letter to all of those who have followed our project so eagerly for the last five years of development. The New Order: Last Days of Europe is one of the most ambitious mods for Hearts of Iron IV ever created, and on release you will be able to experience:
- Twenty years of content for over a dozen nations, including the German Reich, the United States of America, the Empire of Japan, the Iberian Union, the Italian Empire, India, China, Burgundy, and many Russian nations.
- Thousands of fully written events.
- Hundreds of decisions.
- The ability to wage nuclear war, and witness the post-apocalypse.
- A unique economic system.
- Multiple paths for every nation, many offering almost completely unique content from other paths.
- Hundreds of secrets to be discovered!
- And so much more!
- Improving the Ural League's training will actually improve the Ural League
- Orenburg will leave their faction properly when the focus is taken
- Orenburg will no longer always fail to centralize when the AI is in charge, even if it does make sense
- Dirlewanger can no longer lead his troops while also being dead
- Poland now gains cores when they appear
- Fixed some events that were firing twice
- Orenburg's military is still disorganized, just slightly less so now
- Purging officers as Dirlewanger no longer nukes your organization
- Dirlewanger has an extra bandit division at game start
- Lysenko's industrial capabilities have been increased
- The NKVD should now be less of a pushover
- Fixed what are hopefully the last few missing events
- There are no longer two states named "California" and "New York"
- Fixed a variety of grammar and spelling related issues
QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS:
- Wide array of GUI improvements to increase readability and user friendliness
- The emergency escape button now exits the intro GUI, for those with small screens
- The top bar now displays your industrial capacity instead of the amount of convoys your have stockpiled
- The Ural League can now spend their loot to increase their development instead of hoarding it all
- Sixty year old Nazis should now look sixty instead of thirty five when seen in news events
- The world should now move a little bit more
- Combined Arms doctrine no longer requires army experience to begin
- GFX have been to added to several ideas that were missing images
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.