Mod «Eight Years' War of Resistance» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.7.0 - 1.7.1)
Eight Years' War of Resistance started off as a mod that aims to slightly adjust the Asian Theater of World War II, but eventually grown into an overhaul mod that focus on the region of East Asia and South East Asia. This is a renewed release of the project. The mod aims to create an in-depth, historical, polished and fun experience for you to enjoy.
New historical nations are added in the Asia along with unique skins, events, focus trees, decisions, unique tech and dynamic news interface. Asian majors, namely China and Japan, have been reworked extensively. More extensive and historical focus trees are added along with new advisors, events, and decisions. A great amount of new graphics are added, and efforts are made to ensure the icons have a quality and style similar to the vanilla ones.
Current Nations w/ National Focuses:
- Japan, China, Communist China, Sinkiang, Indochina, Mongolia, Manchukuo, East Hebei A.C. (Will be Collaborationist China later)
Current Nations w/o completely unique National Focuses but are playable and have flavors:
- East Chahar, Pailingmiao Council, Northeastern Army, Burma, the Warlords (WTT only).
- If you want to play as Reorganized Nationalist China, play as the East Hebei Autonomous Council to form it.
- If you want to play as Mengjiang, play as East Chahar autonomous region. Prince Demchugdongrub will defect to you later.
- If you want to play as a Suiyuan warlord, play as the Pailingmiao Council. You get to choose to either defect or stay loyal to Nanking in an event. Choose stay for the warlord.
- There are a couple unfixable broken tooltips. Does not affect gameplay.
- A few unguarded provinces might switch control when a puppet state is created by Japan. Affects minimal gameplay.
Unique Skins & Tech Variants
For most warlords and Japanese client states, new custom skins and tech are added, adding more flavor to the game. Most of these are even available without Waking the Tiger DLC!
This mod adds a new ideology Socialism. The ideology has its own political advisers and political decisions. In addition, ideology "non-aligned" is now renamed "reactionary". World tension thresholds for it are reduced and some other limitations are removed.
Supply Condition and Inflation
This mod add in a new mechanic Supply Condition to represent war exhaustion. Your infrastructure, divisions, occupation, factories and stability will all affect your supply condition. And it will affect your war support and several army stats. Along with supply condition, there's also a Inflation mechanic for all countries. Inflation occurs when stability is too low for your trade law.
As communist china, a new Partisan mechanic is introduced. You can unlock it after completing the Partisan Offensive focus. It is represented with the yellow bands in the screenshots, and you can do various operations in those regions!
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.