Last update: 07.03.23.
Reason: Update mod to version: 07.03.23
Android Tiers Reforged is a total rework of Atlas' and ARandomKiwi's works with the eventual goal to make mechanical colonists and animals as closely linked to RimWorld's core systems as possible while respecting many original mechanics of the mod. Improved performance, dynamic compatibility, and code formatting are key priorities, and the code has undergone a near-complete rewrite across the board to these ends.
Android Tiers itself is a mod that intends to add mechanical colonists, animals, and related mechanics to RimWorld to create a completely new playstyle and bring a very different experience to the table.
- Introduction of a generic mechanical colonist and animal system.
- Four tiers of craftable androids to interact, fight, and recruit across 2 new factions and 1 player scenario.
- Mechanical utility and military drones with animal-like intelligence fulfilling specific target roles for colonies.
- A massive mechanized warform to turn the tide of battles and the colony's future deliverable via orbital targeter.
- A system for emotionless but fully controllable drones.
- Ability to adjust what races are and are not considered mechanical, even for other mod-added races.
- Mechanical equivalents of vanilla prosthetics and medicine.
- A new "mechanic" work type that fulfils the role of doctors for mechanical units, using crafting instead of medical skills.
- Special surgeries, operations and items for resurrecting, converting and repairing mechanical pawns.
- The ability to use surrogate pawns to extend the reach and power of individual pawns.
- The ability to use a SkyMind network to upload, download, permute, or replicate pawn consciousnesses.
- A fully functioning Skill boost and Hacking system with various related tools, incidents, and abilities.
- A full research tree to delve into a more mechanized future.
- New security options such as launching or laying traps of swarms of microscythers for unwary raiders.
- A vast swath of new mechanical specific hediffs, body parts, diseases, and implants.
- A special maintenance need for mechanical pawns to fulfil in order to preserve full functionality.
Reconstituted code of work done primarily by Atlas and aRandomKiwi with support from many others.
Reforged because I wanted it done.