Mod «Formable Nations In Setup Options» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1)
Last update: 05.11.20.
Reason: Mod updated to version 05.11.20
Adds custom game options that let you start the game with most of the formable nations added in the DLCs since Waking The Tiger (Roman Empire, Austria-Hungary, Rattanakosin Kingdom, etc.). All of the formable nations added in DLCs require them - so if you don't have WtT, MtG, or LaR you'll only be able to form the Franco-British Union. These nations load in the same order as they're listed in the options, so turning on multiple European formables will result in overlap.
Most of them only let you choose between whether or not you want to form them, but a few allow you to choose the ideology based on which country they're formed from, or how large the countries are. For example, forming Gran Colombia from either Colombia or Venezuela to make it start as democratic or fascist, respectively. Or forming Al-Andalus at its maximum extent possible through its normal decisions. Also, a handful of notably overlapping formables are grouped together to minimize any potential errors or just because it's more logical that way (for one, having the Baltic Union and a large Poland-Lithuania together would leave Estonia as the only Baltic Union land).
This should be compatible with most regular mods. New states added by mods might not be added to most formables that use them, so compatibility with those shouldn't be expected, especially if those new states are in Europe or the Middle East.
Mod checked on game version: 1.10.1
- Formed nations which were missing the units of completely annexed countries should have them now. Thanks to CanadianJason.
Version 16.10.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1)
Updated for 1.10!
- Added all Battle for the Bosporus formable nations
- Added Kurdistan option (requires BftB)
- Added Romania fragmentation option (requires MtG)
- Iraq can now form Arabia as well as Saudi Arabia (suggested by Aegon2001)
- Turkish states are demilitarized when any formable nation takes one or more
- Added some easter eggs concerning Germany and some familiar-looking leaders...
- Pre-1.10 Byzantium and Ottoman Empire options have been marked with "(Legacy)" to differentiate them from the Battle for the Bosporus equivalents, so people who don't own it can still play with them.
- Removed the "Byzantium + Rome - Bare Minimum" option
- The Byzantium/Roman Empire options have been split into separate Greece and Roman Empire categories. "Byzantium + Rome - Split" and "Romance of the Three Empires" are under the Roman Empire category.
- Moved the Ottoman Empire options into a new Turkey category
- Franco-British Union and Imperial Federation options have been merged into a new United Kingdom category
- Fixed the Yugoslavia fragmentation option so Yugoslavia no longer still exists in West Banat. Herzegovina and Kosovo are released as well, and Serbia's Peter now uses his actual portrait.
- Various fixes pertaining to nations not taking the new states (mostly the new Yugoslav states or Hatay, but also the Greater German Reich didn't take the new Pyrénées-Atlantique state)
Version 24.09.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.0 - 1.9.3)
France now loses the "Protected by the Maginot Line" national spirit if it loses Alsace-Lorraine to another country; this only happens with Germany - specifically, every German option except for Disunite Germany, Yalta Conference, and Yalta Conference II. Thanks once again to PillBox20!
Version 28.07.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.0 - 1.9.3)
- "Holy Roman Empire - Non-Aligned II" no longer fires the Return of the Kaiser event chain.
Version 02.07.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.0 - 1.9.3)
- Added Split Germany and Yalta Conference II options. Split Germany requires La Résistance.
- Previously unplayable countries are now playable! Choose Cuba to play as the CSA, Oman to play as Al-Andalus, or Germany/Austria to play as East/West Germany.
- Al-Andalus takes Gibraltar in all options, and takes Qatar in the Umayyad Caliphate option.
- Arabia takes Oman and Qatar.
- Forming the CSA removes USA units from its states.
- Red warning descriptions have been changed to yellow for all options except Romance of the Three Empires.
Version 15.04.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.0 - 1.9.2)
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.