Mod «EU4 Style Monuments» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1 - 1.10.7)
Last update: 29.07.21.
Reason: Mod updated to version 29.07.21
This mod brings the, slightly changed, monuments mechanic from Europa Universalis IV to Hearts of Iron IV.
Currently the mod adds 107 monuments in total, of which 103 exist on the map at game start. 4 additional monuments can be built via decision, if the requirements are met.
Monuments are special things in states that can give bonuses to the state as well as its owner. Some of them are locked to being one of a group of specific nations or fulfilling other requirements, some are available for all nations if they own and control the state.
Each monument has the four possible levels "Destroyed/Not Build", "Noteworthy", "Significant" and "Magnificent". Each level gives a stronger bonus than the one before, with the level "Destroyed/Not Build" (level 0) giving no bonuses. The owner of a state in which a monument is located can upgrade the monument to a higher level, if he controls the state and fulfills the monument's requirements. Upgrading a monument costs Political Power and takes some time, which cannot be boosted like in EU4.
Monuments can be viewed and interacted with in the state view as well as in a new window, which shows all existing monuments. This window can be opened with a button in the top right of the top bar, left to the date controls.
Since that position can be quite problematic for lower resolutions, there is a console command that can be used in single player to move it elsewhere. The console command is move_monuments_list_button X Y (where X and Y are placeholders for the specific number for the X and Y coordinates, e.g. move_monuments_list_button -50 0 would move it 50 pixels to the left from its default position).
AI nations will also build and upgrade monuments, however to prevent them from investing their Political Power purely into them, they will only consider doing this if they have at least 300 Political Power available.
- added 8 new monuments (they will not be added to on-going save games, however if you are in SP you can use the console command set_up_monuments to add them)
- El Obelisco in Pampas (Argentinia)
- Suomenlinna in Uusimaa (Finland)
- Saint Isaac's Cathedral in Leningrad (Soviet Union)
- Trans-Siberian Railway in Novosibirsk (Soviet Union)
- Vänern in Västergötland (Sweden)
- Heddal Stave Church in Østlandet (Norway)
- Arg-e Bam in Kerman (Iran)
- Niederwalddenkmal in Hessen (Germany)
Version 11.07.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1 - 1.10.7)
- fixed an issue that caused deactivated monuments still giving bonuses until next monthly tick
- added 9 new monuments (they will not be added to on-going save games, however if you are in SP you can use the console command set_up_monuments to add them)
- Wawel Castle in Krakow (Poland)
- Jagiellonian University in Krakow (Poland)
- Royal Castle in Warszawa (Poland)
- Gate of Dawn in Wilno (Poland)
- University of Bologna in Emilia Romagna (Italy)
- 'Iolani Palace in Hawaii (USA)
- Douaumont Ossuary in Champagne (France)
- Lake Baikal in Irkutsk (Soviet Union)
- Lake Balaton in Transdanubia (Hungary)
Version 02.06.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1 - 1.10.7)
Added 8 new monuments (they will not be added to on-going save games, however if you are in SP you can use the console command set_up_monuments to add them)
- Hősök tere in Northern Hungary (Hungary)
- Zagreb Cathedral in Croatia (Yugoslavia)
- Monument to the Heroes of the Air in Muntenia (Romania)
- Bran Castle in Transylvania (Romania)
- Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in Sofia (Bulgaria)
- Belgrade Fortress in Serbia (Yugoslavia)
- Pamukkale in Afyon (Turkey)
- Anıtkabir in Ankara (Turkey)
Version 27.05.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1 - 1.10.5)
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.