Mod «Historical Project Mod» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.7)
Last update: 10.07.21.
Reason: Mod updated to version 08.07.21
Inspired by the Victoria II mod of the same name, the Historical Project Mod (HPM) for HOI4 seeks to enhance the vanilla HOI4 experience by adding and tweaking historical events, decisions, and focuses without disrupting the core experience as designed by Paradox.
At the moment, HPM for HOI4 is still in an early stage.I plan on adding a lot of things but expect this version to be pretty close to vanilla but with some tweaks and a few new events. If you find any bugs while using the mod, please report them to me. Also, going down alternate history paths or using the 1939 start date may break certain features as those things haven't been tested.
- Tweaked Soviet and German factory counts
- Synthetic fuel refineries are 2x more powerful to compensate for Germany being cut off from Middle Eastern oil
- Partial Soviet focus tree rework
- Added the option for Germany to publicly destroy the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact after Jan. 1st 1941 but the world will take notice.
- The Italian Civil War
- The 1941 Iraqi coup d'etat
- Independent Egyptian state as a puppet of the United Kingdom
- Free City of Danzig under British, French, and Polish protection
- Event for Danzig to be annexed by Fascist Germany when Germany declares war on Poland
- German-Polish Non-Aggression Pact in place at game start
- Soviet-Polish Non-Aggression Pact in place at game start
- Made the Rub Al Khali desert an impassible state
- Gave a Peruvian state to Ecuador (while keeping it a core of Peru) to better reflect the dispute over land between the two. Currently no more flavor regarding that issue.
- Added a basic decision for Finland to declare the Continuation War on the Soviet Union once Germany declares war on the Soviets
- Soviet Invasion of Poland in accordance with the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact
- Alt history path for the Allies and Soviets to ally at the expense of Poland
- Other minor diplomatic relations additions to better reflect the geopolitical situation in 1936
- British oil companies in Iran and Iraq somewhat reflected by oil rights given to the UK in certain states when MTG is enabled
- Integrated "Project Flags" by Abbus for more historically accurate national flags
- Integrated "Trade Embargo Mod" by ABoldOne for the ability to embargo your rivals
- Integrated Oman into the British Empire
- Added a couple air focuses for Germany to balance things out a little bit
- Minor tweaks to the Soviet focus tree
- Game rule to remove alternate history focuses
- Changed the default maximum divisions in an army led by a general from 24 to 30
Had to remove the Trade Embargo Mod since it wasn't really working well with my mod but it's still a cool mod and I recommend checking it out.
Mod checked on game version: 1.10.7
- Updated mod version to display as compatible with HOI4 Collie v1.10.7
Version 27.05.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.5)
- Unique portrait of Karl Eglseer courtesy of Jakub Hurta on Pinterest
- Swiss starting trade law switched to Free Trade
- Event that draws the USSR into war with Poland according to M-R Pact should no longer fire before Poland is able to join the allies
- National banking idea for Switzerland
- Bhutanese isolation better represented with the "Neutral Foreign Policy" national spirit and closed economy trade law
- Finland should now always reject Soviet demands when historical focuses are on
- Unique portrait of Arthur Greiser (Danzig) courtesy of u/TheBolshevikJew on Reddit
- Collaboration governments no longer take cores from their overlords
- Flavor for the Protektorat of Böhmen-Mähren (Nazi German collaboration government in Czechia)
- Fixed the flag for the Ukrainian Reichskommissariat
- Unique portrait of Reinhard Heydrich (Böhmen-Mähren) courtesy of u/AposEtnerap on Reddit
- New agency operation for assassinating Heydrich (Operation Anthropoid)
- Italian Civil War borders should be cleaner now
- Unique portrait of Arthur Seyss-Inquart (RK Niederlande) and Josef Grohe (RK Belgien) courtesy of u/batsy0boi on Reddit
- German focuses to befriend China or Japan lowered from 70 days to 14
- German focus "Form the Reichskommissariats" lowered from 70 days to 35
Version 07.05.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.5)
- Fixed some Soviet Focus names
- Reworked the Japanese focus rewards surrounding striking South against the Allies and Naval research
- Buffed the "Tora! Tora! Tora!" national spirit for Japan
- AI UK should now regularly declare war on Fascist Iraq and Operation Countenance requires the UK or an ally to control Baghdad
- Added 5 civilian factories to Japan
- Added 2 civilian factories to Italy
- Country name changes for flavor
- UK now guarantees Bhutan
- New Estonian national spirit
- Nerfed the effects that strat bombing, convoy raiding, and propaganda have on war support and stability
- Buffed Albert Speer as a German advisor but locked him behind war with the USSR
- Added new German production national spirits to reflect Nazi Germany's reliance on slave labor
- Added a buff for the German General staff spirit if you're employing Guderian, Rommel, or Manstein
- Unique portrait of Josef Terboven (Reichskommissar of Norway) courtesy of u/Herman_Lindqvist on Reddit
- Some countries now start with intelligence agencies
- Germany, Poland, and the UK start with a Cryptology Department and some upgrades
- 1936 Military Police tech added to game start for many countries that had a prominent military police by that time
- If Bulgaria forms the 3rd Bulgarian Empire they shouldn't declare war on Turkey when historical focuses are turned on
Version 24.04.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.5)
- Changed weather files so that Northern Russia and Finland will get much, much colder...
- Added Phibun as leader for Fascist Thailand along with a simple event and decision to flip the country.
Version 05.02.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.4)
- Danzig now starts as a German core.
- Fixed a bug in the event where Monarchist Germany gets Danzig in exchange for guaranteeing Poland.
Version 27.01.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.3)
- Updated the mod for 1.10.3
Version 16.11.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1 - 1.10.2)
- Updated the mod for 1.10.2
Version 10.10.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.0 - 1.9.3)
- Custom icon for "The Sacred War" focus
- Updated AI Soviet focus tree path logic
Version 03.10.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.0 - 1.9.3)
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.