Mod «World of a Southern Victory» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1 - 1.10.4)
Last update: 14.04.21.
Reason: Mod updated to version 09.04.21
Welcome to World of a Southern Victory! This mod is based off Harry Turtledove's Southern Victory series, and attempts to be a historically accurate as possible to the novels. In this world, the Confederate States make good their attempt to secede from the Union, defeating the North with the help of Britain and France by 1862. The US, bitter from their defeat, turn to the fledgling German Empire in the following decades, and allies themselves against the Confederates, British, and French.
To fully immerse yourself into the novels, make sure to turn on historical AI. Note that there are ahistorical focuses, so turning off historical AI will allow the AI to choose these.
- Fully playable 1910 and 1914 start dates
- Unique focus trees for the US, CSA, UK, France, Germany, Austria-Hungary, Russia, Italy, Turkey, Japan, Canada, Serbia, Bulgaria, and Belgium
- Unique tech tree
- Unique model skins for major countries
- Novel historical peace treaties
- Tons of events
- And more!
- 1938 and 1941 start dates
- More focus trees for minor countries
- Updated uniform reskins
- Increased number of provinces in USA and CSA
- Decreased provinces in western Canada
- Rebalanced WW1 OOB's
- Modified WW1 national spirits
- Several changes to WW1 land doctrine tree
- Changed defines to make AI less suicidal
- Improved British ability to guard Canadian border
Version 02.12.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1 - 1.10.3)
- Added a national spirits to aid Italy in the Italo-Turkish War
- Added a national spirits to aid the Balkans in the First Balkan War
- Tweaked the treaty of the First Balkan War
Version 29.10.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1)
- Fixed error with Turkey dropping out of the war early on
- Tweaked national spirits for most majors
- Tweaked AI strategy files
- Beginning transition to HoI4 style portraits for WW1
- Replaced Taft with a different US president
Version 05.10.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.0 - 1.9.3)
- Tweaked national spirits for several countries
- Modified the effects of the historical treaties
- Added more states
- Added generals for Canada
- Modified version naming system
Version 23.09.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.0 - 1.9.3)
- Changed the name of "historical focuses" to "canonical focuses"
Version 10.08.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.0 - 1.9.3)
- Added new states on the map
- Added war exhaustion idea to prevent WW1 from dragging on indefinitely
- Modified thresholds for historical peace treaties
- Japan now keeps territory when peacing out from the Great War
- Added ability to form Mittelafrika as Germany after the Great War
- Added after-effect national spirit for black rebellion in the CSA
- Modified US AI to focus more on the CSA front
- Modified AUH focus tree and national spirits
- Added impassable Canada area
- Added several old German states for German dismemberment in peace treaties
- Minor changes to Austria-Hungary focus tree and national spirits
- Tweaked war exhaustion and historical treaties
Version 17.07.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.0 - 1.9.3)
- Added impassable Sahara area
Version 14.06.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.0 - 1.9.3)
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.