Mod «Cold War Mod» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.3)
Last update: 05.06.20.
Reason: Mod updated to version 05.06.20
Jump into the Cold War with all the unique features of the Cold War Mod.
This version has been released to test new features introduced into the game and is by no means finished/complete.
- Begin the cold war in 1946 and find your unique solutions to the Iran Crisis, Turkish Strait Crisis and many other historic events.
- Spread Communism to other countries - Establish the Eastern Bloc in Europe and support the Communists in China for the glory of Communism.
- Contain Communism - By supporting friendly regimes, asking for the UN to conduct police action or providing material aid to stop Communism from taking over the people's hearts.
- Unique UN Security Council gameplay - Play as either a permanent member of the UN Security Council, shape the world according to your wishes, gather support to pass resolutions or turn down resolutions that could harm your interests, use your veto power to stop those who try to outmaneuver you.
- A Unique Referendum Mechanic - The mod introduces 4 types of Referendums which can significantly alter the territorial and governing aspects of a country. Major powers can intervene in these referendums to sway the population to vote for an option more favorable to them.
- Unique Foreign Aid mechanics - Allowing you to provide economic aid and advance your ideology with the Marshall Plan or the Comecon aid programs.
- Legitimize territory you acquired - Convince the world that you are the rightful holder of your newly conquered territory or discredit the legitimacy of others who hold territory you desire.
- Access resources you require - Via monopoly contracts with Non Aligned countries who will be expecting you to support their goals in return.
- Lease foreign territory - To gain the strategic upper hand on your enemy, use the Security Council to gain access through international waterways such as the Turkish Strait and the Suez Canal.
- Embargo rivals - To weaken them or punish those who would not submit to your will.
Mod checked on game version: 1.9.3
- Mod is now compatible with 1.9.3 version of the game.
- Paradox have fixed the issue with the custom diplomatic actions not working, thanks to everyone who helped in nudging Paradox to fix the issue asap.
- Fixed issue that caused UNSC bribes not to work
- Adjusted tootips for most diplomatic actions
- Adjusted checks for countries you can recognize and condemn violence in.
- Some under the hood adjustments
Version 16.05.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.2)
- Update mod for game version 1.9.2.
Version 02.05.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.0 - 1.9.1)
- Various fixes and improvements.
Version 31.03.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.0 - 1.9.1)
- Fixed display of laws and ministers in Intelligence ledger (LA Resistance only).
Version 02.03.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.9.0 - 1.9.1)
- Updated mod to work with 1.9 Husky Update and La Resistance;
- Crops in now a resource in the game replacing Rubber;
- Some localization fixes;
- Reverted ENG, USA and SOV OOB's;
- Fixed UN intervention bug causing weird annexations;
- Decisions interface fix.
Version 01.01.20 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.8.1)
- USA Focus tree option to unify occupation zones no longer possible if Germany exists (unified or just West Germany).
- Fixed issue with establishing the DDR option being blocked after FRG is established.
- Fix Belarus extra UNSC vote localisation mixup with Ukraine.
- USA Establish FRG focus no longer possible if germany us Unified.
Version 29.12.19 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.8.1)
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.