Mod «Dreams of Carthage» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.8.1)
Welcome to Dreams of Carthage! I hope you all have as much fun playing my mod as I had making it!
Have you ever wondered, "What if the French colonial administration merged Tunisia and northern Algeria into a single semi-autonomous nation?" No..? That's oddly specific and isn't founded on anything historical? That's true, but that's why one of the tags for this mod is alternative history! Carry the French on your back to victory with the democratic path, unite all of Africa under a communist or fascist regime, or bring back the Carthaginian Empire with the non-aligned path and show Europe that you mean business.
Okay, silly introductions aside, let's talk business. In this mod, you take control of the fictional country of North Africa and guide it through WW2. This is NOT an OP mod, at least it isn't intended to be. No focuses that give you 20 military factories, 10 million manpower, or anything like that. That said, it does push the boundaries of what is realistically feasible for a country in this region during this time period (you actually have some factories). My goal was to make this country fun to play and be able to hold its own against the major powers, without being stupid easy.
What's included in this mod:
- A focus tree with a ton of focuses, all of them fully localized and lore-friendly. None of that "AAA_this_focus.desc" stuff here.
- Four distinct paths corresponding to each ideology: fascist, communist, democratic, and non-aligned.
- An end goal for each ideology path, unite North Africa as the democratic African Federation, the communist African Commune, the fascist African Empire, or even rebuild Carthage and its empire with the non-aligned path.
- A bunch of decisions and each ideology gets some unique decisions.
- Each ideology has a unique leader, with unique traits and non-generic portraits.
- Unique generals and field marshals.
Mod checked on game version: 1.8.1
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.