Mod «Age of Imperialism» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.8)
Last update: 12.11.21.
Reason: Mod updated to version 11.11.21
Age of Imperialism is a mod for Hearts of Iron IV, whose action is happening in a world where the First World War did not take place. Instead, there was a series of local wars, which influenced the global geopolitical scene by establishing the position of Great Britain, Germany and Russia as the dominant imperialist of the world, forced the United States to resign from isolationism, led to the weakness and chaos in France and Austria, and contributed to strengthening the influence of the Kingdom of Italy or the creation of the Balkan Federation. There were also many other interesting events, such as the Chinese or Mexican civil war, which we described in more detail in our official Our whole lore is available on our Reddit.
The game starts in 1931, when the competition between empires concerning their mutual sphere of influence seems to temporarily die out, but it will soon be reignited again as a result of proxy wars leading to changes within the influence zones combined with an upcoming economic crisis. Leaving and joining alliances, creating them or the emergence of new countries leads to changes to the geopolitical chessboard, which will ultimately lead humanity to the edge of world war, in which one of the blocks shall dominate the world, or otherwise the world shall be embroiled in endless atrocities of total war.
Right now mod offers:
- Full focus trees for 14 nations with hundreds of focuses and unique icons (United Kingdom, Russia, Germany, France, USA, Poland, Italy, Austria, Japan, Mexican Republic and Cristero Mexio, Monarchist Spain and Republican Spain and Yugoslavia + new Generic Tree)
- Set of unique decisions
- Set of new events telling the whole story of AoI
- Hundreds of unique national spirits
- Dozens of flavour events giving the taste of early 30's
- New UI refering to ArtDeco art style
- Fully hand crafted retro portraits for all generals and country leaders
- Custom radio increasing the immesion and letting the player to feel those murky and tense times even better
- Enhanced map textures
- Added voice packs for Belgians, mexicans and Cubans with many new to come
Mod checked on game version: 1.10.8
- Fixed the issue with game crushing for those not possessing Man the Guns DLC
- Along with it came various tweaks for the navies in the world, like for example changing placement of one of German naval bases to be actually in Hamburg or bringing back into existence Australasian fleet
- Fixed provinces alongside rivers to fit the river borders (where needed)
- Added new states to Brazil, Iceland, Ethiopia, Greenland, Romania, Yugoslavia, Germany
- Reworked borders of China as a part of China update preparation
- Reworked jungle passage in Amazonia making some areas impassable to allow more hectic jungle warfare
- Added Erik the Red's Land in Greenland as a Norway's provinces
- Reworked borders of Cameroon to calm the wrath of respectable geographers
- Changed shapes of some provinces or added new ones as a base for some future state changes (when the right time for a rework will come)
- Added a lot of stress for Maximiliano Eugenio de Austria making him much older than he was before in his previous stressless pre-patch life
- Removed the genetic defect in Ignacy Daszyński's DNA causing the spread of Covid-19 in 2020
- Added some flag variants for colonial puppets of few nations
- Added tooltip in focuses giving research bonus for all, so no longer shall they cover whole of your screen
- Added more claims for Germany, Russia, Italy, US, Japan
- Some minor tweaks to researched technologies for nations like Poland or the Chinas
- Overhaul of Chinas industrial power and infrastructure
- New icons for Austrian national spirits
- New icons for all of decision sets
- Once again fixed US elections, this time maybe for good
- Various hotfixes
Version 15.10.21 for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.8)
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.