Mod «Sound Fixes Pack» version 19.37 for Euro Truck Simulator 2 (v1.35.x)
Last update: 09.10.19.
Reason: Mod updated to version 19.37
Pack provides improvements to common sounds in the game. It includes euphonious, relaxing and real sounds.
The goal of the mod is to make the game's sounds feel like real life. The mod will have regular updates to cover more sounds to add immersion. Thus the Steam Workshop version is highly recommended for quicker updates.
Tire / Tyre sounds
- Real interior + exterior tire sounds. Tires will resonate in the cab depending on how fast you are accelerating and what speed you are in, giving a feel for your sense of speed.
- Heavier gravel sounds on dirt/gravel roads. Tire sounds for grass also included.
- Light and medium impacts to suspension can trigger cabin squeaking and movement sounds of the cabin.
- Hard impacts can trigger key swinging sounds in the interior view.
Gameplay / UI sounds
- "Late music" replaced with Nokia phone ringtone sound (volume of this sound depends on Music volume in the in-game Audio settings).
- "Bing bong" chime for train and ferry loading screen sounds.
- Reduced volume of garage door sound, adviser message sound and yawning sound.
- New quiet photo camera sound effect for screenshots.
- Improved UI sound effects, including a mdc1200 signal sound for escort messages with the Special Transport DLC.
Fuel / Gas station sounds
- Retro/historic ding sound for while the fuel is pumping (circa 1960s to 1970s). The number of dings can help give you an idea on how much you refueled.
- Real fuel pump, fuel lid, door close, seat belt click and key insertion sound effects for after refueling to a full tank.
- PrePass weigh station signal sounds have a quieter volume in American Truck Simulator.
- Real stick/switch/button sounds for: parking brake, hazard light, wiper stick, light switch and blinker / indicator / turn signal.
- Real rumblestrip sound.
- Real retarder sound. [ATS only]
- Lane-keeping (Driver Alert Support) alert sound if you drive on to the grass too fast (as per EU legal regulations).
- Lift axle sound now includes button press sound effect.
- Improved wind sound.
- Mix of default amplified gear grinding sounds and new gear grinding sounds. Can be heard when you have damaged the transmission and/or gearbox.
- Air cutoff sounds less audible in interior.
- Real sound effects for trailer coupling + uncoupling.
- Improved sounds for trailer brace and trailer cable connecting.
AI Traffic sounds
- More refined generic AI traffic car sounds. Less buzz noise and more tire sounds and quiet engine sounds.
- AI traffic vehicles given new horn sounds. Depending on the patience of the driver, a short or long honk may be used.
- Carefully detailed real AI engine/horn sounds for individual vehicles from the base game as well as AI traffic mods.
- You can hear the slight sound of vehicles overtaking you or passing by you in the oncoming lane.
- Improved audio for a vast amount of moving objects including biplanes, trains (included train horns) etc.
- Enabled sound for a vast amount of movers that don't originally come with sound (e.g. F22 jet fighters, ocean waves, tugboats, hot air balloons, you name it!).
Location based ambience
- Appropriate volumes for prefab soundscape in American Truck Simulator.
- Suitable volumes for the sounds of the environment in various map mods.
- Reduced volume for gate sounds in the Animated Gates mod by Schumi (both ETS2 and ATS).
Air horn sounds
- Improved air horn sounds for American Truck Simulator available at the service station (replacing existing ones).
- Air horn sounds available for ATS are: Used air horn (low price), a sweet and deep air horn, and a train horn. WARNING: Not recommended to use more than two air horns at a time. [ATS only]
- Unrealistic phrases removed from English Doug and Skye UK and US voice navigation.
- The mod also provides real top speeds, real torque values and real colors for the AI vehicles which are modded with custom sounds.
- This is due to the top speed, engine torque, and color settings being shared in the same file as the sound settings for each AI vehicle.
- However in the interest in bringing realism, the AI vehicle colors are 100% verifiable using real paint codes, colors from the paintref website, and photos.
- Rarer colors (e.g. purple) will have a lower probability to be seen.
Mod checked on game version: 1.35.x
- Applied real engine + real horn sounds for new trucks in Painted Truck Traffic Pack v8.8 by Jazzycat.
Version 19.36 for Euro Truck Simulator 2 (v1.35.x)
- Applied real engine + real horn sounds for new trucks in Painted Truck Traffic Pack v8.7 by Jazzycat.
Version 19.35 for Euro Truck Simulator 2 (v1.35.x)
- Revised 1 engine sound for DAF XF 105's in AI traffic, courtesy of Vasily EVR sounds. [ETS2 edition]
- Revised trailer uncoupling sound.
- Improved trailer cables connecting sound.
- Revised 1 trailer brace sound.
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Euro Truck Simulator 2 you need to copy the file with the extension .scs to the folder Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod and enable this mod in the player profile.