Mod «Republic of Insanity's ASP» for Ravenfield (Build 24)
The ASP is a compact, custom built 9mm handgun originally designed by New York City-based gunsmith Paris Theodore in the early 1970s. The gun was initially a Smith & Wesson Model 39 that Theodore heavily modified to make it more suitable for special agents undergoing covert missions. The ASP was manufactured from the mid 1970s until the late 1980s by a company called Armament System and Procedures, which gave the pistol its name.
To ensure that his new pistol would excel, Theodore made numerous changes to the Model 39, which included but wasn't limited to:
- Making all sharp edges on the pistol smooth
- Completely removing the front sight post to prevent the pistol from getting stuck on the edge of the holster when drawing.
- Shortening the length of the slide and barrel to make pistol lighter and more compact.
- Replacing the grips with transparent Lexan grips and cutting out the sides of the magazine, which allowed the weapon user to see the remaining amount of unspent rounds left.
- Swapping out the regular trigger guard for a hooked one to allow the user to grip onto the pistol and absorb recoil more easily.
- Fitting a unique gunsight to the gun designed by Theodore that he called the "Guttersnipe," which was comprised of a narrow, illuminated U-shaped corridor that theoretically allowed the shooter to instinctively aim the pistol without needing to line up the sights.
450 units were manufactured by Armament System and Procedures before the company ceased the ASP's production in 1987.
Mod checked on game version: Build 24
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Ravenfield unpack the contents of the archive to the folder \Ravenfield\ravenfield_Data\Mods and enable the modification in the settings of the new game.