Mod «Dreams of Poland» for Hearts of Iron 4 (v1.10.1)
Sick of how weak and bland Poland is in vanilla? Want a thicc focus tree with plenty of new and exciting options? Then Dreams of Poland might be for you! Unlike my previous mods, this one has a historical start, but like my other mods, there are plenty of alternate history options for you to play through. You may be wondering why this is "early access" and the simple reason is because the mod is only about 33% to 50% completed. Don't let that scare you off though, all the content that is being released right now has been playtested and is fully localized. The only thing that's missing is a bit of polish concerning national focus icons and news events, which I plan to add in for the existing content over the next two weeks.
As new paths are completed, playtested, and localized, they will be released with this mod until I deem the mod complete, in which case this one will be deleted and the new, full mod will be released. I'm hoping to have everything finished by the end of 2020, but who the hell knows with this year.
All in all, my goal was ultimately to make Poland far more fun to play and to do it proper justice. Poland can be so much more than just a speed bump for the Germans.
- A Sanation government tree with 4 sub paths (Sanation-Left, Sanation-Right, The Castle, and a Castle and Sanation-Right coalition) which in turn have two other sub paths to choose from, one where you form the Intermarium and one where you follow the historical timeline and create the Camp of National Unity and side with the Allies.
- A Kingdom of Poland tree with 7 possible options for monarchs with the choice of either an absolute monarchy or constitutional monarchy for each monarch option. Additionally, each monarch has a sub-tree of ~12 focuses that makes every monarch stand out from the rest (the exception being the two Polish monarch options who share a sub-tree).
- A far more accurate starting situation for the Polish Army, which was absolutely massive. It is not perfectly accurate, as I had serious balancing concerns. For example, the Poles' standing army in 1936 was roughly ~900,000 strong with about 1 million in reserve, which would be insanely OP to start with in HoI4.
- Accurate starting techs.
- Appropriate national spirits to provide buffs and debuffs that imitate the situation for Poland in 1936.
- 11 current country leaders options
- A greatly expanded roster of ministers and high command
- Expanded roster of generals, field marshals, and admirals, all of which have unique portraits.
- Two new traits for generals that give bonuses to artillery, similar to the infantry leader and cavalry leader traits.
- A colonization tree that is available to certain paths that allows you to establish colonies that Poland historically tried, but failed, to do.
- Multiple Polonization decisions that will give you cores on certain territories that Poland (at the time) viewed as theirs, including some German states, Lithuania, and more.
Mod checked on game version: 1.10.1
How to install mod?
To install the mod for the game Hearts of Iron 4, unpack the contents of the archive to the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod and enable the modification in the launcher.